Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Getting Frustrated -- Anyone Else Have These Symptoms?

headache sore throat

• Please log in to reply

2 replies to this topic

#1 bepack

bepack

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

Hello all! I've recently been diagnosed with Celiac Disease. It's been a month since I found out and I've been doing very well with not eating gluten. The classic symptoms I had were an upset stomach - mostly in the small intestine area - and feeling nauseous.

But lately I've been getting headaches, I've had a sore throat for almost two weeks now and I sometimes get a nauseous feeling. I've been eating gluten-free foods for a month now. Does anyone else get these symptoms? Or since it's flu season perhaps I'm getting the flu? It's getting really frustrating and it's making me really depressed. It's hard to talk to my friends about it and I've had to cancel on almost all plans because of either my headache and nausea or because of my stomach.

Also, does anyone else feel nauseous in the morning? I usually need to sit in the shower for 20 minutes in the morning before I can function well. Perhaps I should get checked for another allergy?

Thanks so much guys, this has been really hard for me and I appreciate anything you have to say -- even if just having similar symptoms! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

I've had those symptoms. I still get some of them.... I tend to get autoimmune flare-ups and I'm not sure what causes them. I have a few problems so perhaps it's one of those, or it could be something else.

Anyway, when a flare-up happens, I generally feel like I'm fighting a flu but not getting the flu; I'll be tired and achey, glands might even swell, I lose hair, get sores in my mouth and often end up with an arthritic like pain. I've actually been experiencing this for a couple of weeks - the first time in about 6 months - and now I'm holding my breath and crossing my fingers that the arthritis doesn't come back with it.

It could be a simpler explanation of the flu. And morning sickness? Is there a chance that it really is morning sickness?

I hope you feel well soon.

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 bepack

bepack

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

I've had those symptoms. I still get some of them.... I tend to get autoimmune flare-ups and I'm not sure what causes them. I have a few problems so perhaps it's one of those, or it could be something else.

Anyway, when a flare-up happens, I generally feel like I'm fighting a flu but not getting the flu; I'll be tired and achey, glands might even swell, I lose hair, get sores in my mouth and often end up with an arthritic like pain. I've actually been experiencing this for a couple of weeks - the first time in about 6 months - and now I'm holding my breath and crossing my fingers that the arthritis doesn't come back with it.

It could be a simpler explanation of the flu. And morning sickness? Is there a chance that it really is morning sickness?

I hope you feel well soon.

Yeah I get almost the same symptoms aside from arthritis and mouth sores. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Perhaps I'm still trying to get all of the gluten out of my system as well. And it's strange, I'm not pregnant for sure so it can't be morning sickness. I think perhaps it might be the lack of food in my stomach. I usually finish eating at around 7:30/8pm at night and get up at 8:30am. So I suppose the 12 hours could do it.

Thanks so much, I hope you feel better as well :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: