Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Ok So Does It Seem Like I Have A Gluten Intollerence?

• Please log in to reply

6 replies to this topic

#1 Timmy360

Timmy360

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

If it turns out that I am gluten intollerent, this allergy has almost ruined my entire life. I am a 22 year old college student. I used to get straight A's in High school and freshman year of college but now can barely even pass some of my classes. The crazy thing is I went from one of the smartest to dumbest in all the classes i've been in. It has been very frustrating past couple of years. I have had such a hard time focusing in class that I can't seem to ever get anything out of lectures. Also I seem to always have really foul smelling gas odor coming from me all the time. It's as if i'm always passing gas even when i'm not aware. I can see people covering their noses when i'm near them. The smell has caused me to isolate myself from others for their own good and mine as well.  I  always here rumbling sounds in my stomach even when i'm not hungry. The food that exploits my symtoms the most  for me is pizza for what ever that is worth.  I had a stool sample done  about a year ago before I knew anything about gluten intollerence and it came back normal. Do you think they even checked for that? I didn't tell them about my struggles in school at the time and my attention span of a dog. 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,234 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

Stool samples don't check for celiac disease. celiac disease is not an allergy, by the way. Lactose intolerance can also cause a lot of gas. Go to your doctor and get the blood test for Celiac before you eat gluten-free.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#3 Timmy360

Timmy360

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

Stool samples don't check for celiac disease. celiac disease is not an allergy, by the way. Lactose intolerance can also cause a lot of gas. Go to your doctor and get the blood test for Celiac before you eat gluten-free.

I forgot to mention in my orginal post that I also had a routine blood test done as well. 

#4 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,234 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

I forgot to mention in my orginal post that I also had a routine blood test done as well.

Routine blood work doesn't test for Celiac. It is a specific set of tests.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#5 Timmy360

Timmy360

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

Routine blood work doesn't test for Celiac. It is a specific set of tests.

Do my symptoms sound like a sensitivity or intollerence? 

#6 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,234 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Do my symptoms sound like a sensitivity or intollerence?

They sound like Celiac Disease, not a vague sensitivity/ intolerance. Get tested before going gluten free. This website has a lot of good info:

http://www.curecelia.../guide/symptoms

Also: http://www.celiac.co...ewbie-info-101/

dancing-turkey.gif

#7 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:51 AM

Difficulty concentrating could cause trouble in celiac.  Probably many other things could cause it too.  Celiac caused me brain fog and extreme fatigue.  I hope you will get to the root of the problem.  You may as well be tested to see if celiac is the problem.

D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: