Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Ok So Does It Seem Like I Have A Gluten Intollerence?

• Please log in to reply

6 replies to this topic

Timmy360

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

If it turns out that I am gluten intollerent, this allergy has almost ruined my entire life. I am a 22 year old college student. I used to get straight A's in High school and freshman year of college but now can barely even pass some of my classes. The crazy thing is I went from one of the smartest to dumbest in all the classes i've been in. It has been very frustrating past couple of years. I have had such a hard time focusing in class that I can't seem to ever get anything out of lectures. Also I seem to always have really foul smelling gas odor coming from me all the time. It's as if i'm always passing gas even when i'm not aware. I can see people covering their noses when i'm near them. The smell has caused me to isolate myself from others for their own good and mine as well.  I  always here rumbling sounds in my stomach even when i'm not hungry. The food that exploits my symtoms the most  for me is pizza for what ever that is worth.  I had a stool sample done  about a year ago before I knew anything about gluten intollerence and it came back normal. Do you think they even checked for that? I didn't tell them about my struggles in school at the time and my attention span of a dog. 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

kareng

Kiss me! I'm Irish!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,592 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

Stool samples don't check for celiac disease. celiac disease is not an allergy, by the way. Lactose intolerance can also cause a lot of gas. Go to your doctor and get the blood test for Celiac before you eat gluten-free.

"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English."

Winston Churchill

May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead. 

music-on-st-patricks-day-smiley-emoticon

Timmy360

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

Stool samples don't check for celiac disease. celiac disease is not an allergy, by the way. Lactose intolerance can also cause a lot of gas. Go to your doctor and get the blood test for Celiac before you eat gluten-free.

I forgot to mention in my orginal post that I also had a routine blood test done as well. 

kareng

Kiss me! I'm Irish!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,592 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

I forgot to mention in my orginal post that I also had a routine blood test done as well.

Routine blood work doesn't test for Celiac. It is a specific set of tests.

Winston Churchill

May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead. 

Timmy360

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

Routine blood work doesn't test for Celiac. It is a specific set of tests.

Do my symptoms sound like a sensitivity or intollerence? 

kareng

Kiss me! I'm Irish!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,592 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Do my symptoms sound like a sensitivity or intollerence?

They sound like Celiac Disease, not a vague sensitivity/ intolerance. Get tested before going gluten free. This website has a lot of good info:

http://www.curecelia.../guide/symptoms

Also: http://www.celiac.co...ewbie-info-101/

Winston Churchill

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:51 AM

Difficulty concentrating could cause trouble in celiac.  Probably many other things could cause it too.  Celiac caused me brain fog and extreme fatigue.  I hope you will get to the root of the problem.  You may as well be tested to see if celiac is the problem.

D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: