#1 scriddle

scriddle

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

Hi,

I'm a little embarrassed to admit this but after being diagnosed with celiac for 7 years and dealing with the weight gain, I need help!

As a teenager, I hated the weight I gained when I went gluten-free. I got really depressed and started avoiding food and I was just scared of food. But then I started eating gluten to lose weight. Please don't judge me, I know it's wrong and it always makes me feel rotten but it works! I want to stop but I don't know how. Does anyone else do this? Has anyone else done this and can give me advice on how to stop? Is this an eating disorder?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,117 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

I think if you do something harmful, repeatedly, to make yourself lose weight, then you have an eating disorder.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 LauraTX

LauraTX

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

Hi Scriddle,

A lot of people will use laxatives to lose weight which they become dependent on, so at least you aren't doing that.  But yes, if you partake in harmful activity to lose weight, and you are unable to stop, it may be a good idea to go talk to somebody.  If you have health insurance, usually there is a number on the back of the card you can call and they can help you find a practitioner in your area, and sometimes through your employer they will have people you can talk to over the phone.

I wish you the best!

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: