Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Can Symptoms Of Egg Intolerance Mimic Those Of Being Glutened?

30 posts in this topic

That study has no bearing on why the omega's would mix differently in digestion which is what you are proposing or am I missing something?

Colleen

Ads by Google:

The research paper below from UCLA was one of the publications I referred to earlier.  If you have an open mind, I would be interested in hearing from you whether or not you think this study was well done:

Opposing effects of n-6 and n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids on pancreatic cancer growth.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Opposing+effects+of+n-6+and+n-3+polyunsaturated+fatty+acids+on+pancreatic+cancer+growth.

The original poster's question has nothing to do with your "theories" about omega fats and cancer.  I'm sure there are forums where you can discuss those.  Maybe you could start a topic in the gab chat section for discussions on other topics?

Back to the OP's question -

Sorry your question got lost in here.  Sure, an intolerance to eggs or soy or really any food could manifest itself like a gluten reaction.

You seem to have a lot of possibility for gluten exposure.  Maybe you could work on limiting that for a few months.  Maybe that is all it is?  Or once your gut has healed, maybe you can eat some foods that bothered you before, like eggs.

Sorry MuminNorway.  Thanks Kareng for getting back to the point.  Kareng is right, with crumbs all over, it is hard to blame the eggs for sure.  It is so easy to blame the wrong thing.  I tried something again yesterday that I had blamed and I am just fine today.  I have learned by now to try things again.  I figure that it takes 3 times to be sure.  Sometimes it isn't worth the risk, but if I want to be sure, that's what it takes.  If you do decide it is the eggs you could try some from grain free chickens.  They can be hard to find, but they worked for me and my son.  We are both sensitive to very low levels of gluten.

I found the whole thing about the different ratios of omega3- and 6 to be very interesting, as I study nutriton. Omega 6 is not something bad we need to be protected from at all, but it is true that an inbalace in the ratios of omega 3-6-9 is not good, but very common with a modern western diet. Also, whatever you eat in one meal will become quite liquified, broken down and very well mixed up before getting into the intestine, so if this was the problem it could be solved with just taking a omega 3 supplement along with an eggy meal, and it would be fine. I usually have salmon with my egg (caus it's so tasty!), and that makes no differance, either. There can be some damage done by having an omega ratio that is very off, but it is very unlikely for that to manifest as an intolerance to one speciffic food.

I did try eggs several times after making that first post, and it did not go well. So I left it for a few weeks, and tried again very carefully with foods that contain egg, and that now seems fine. I have not yet tried having pure eggs, I think I'll ease in to that later.

I read up on the omega ratio thing too.  It does look like a good idea to try to optimize your ratio.  I don't think that it could explain why I don't react to pasture raised chicken eggs, but I do react to grain fed chicken eggs, because as you say, things mix in the stomach, or what good would supplementation do?