5 replies to this topic

#1 Greebo115

Greebo115

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

You get that familiar stomach pain, then the bloating.......and you start to feel tired and confused.....

and you know you ate only food made by yourself, from fresh ingredients......but you realise that you just touched paper bags with sandwiches and cakes in them and a "for certain" gluteny table top, then ate your safe "finger foods" without washing your hands....

Sitting here in pain, wondering if I just glutened myself, or if it is just possible that the symptoms I am feeling are from the fact that I forgot to take my digestive enzymes when I ate my home made nut/seed bars.

Time will tell.

Woe is me. :-(

Oh, and edited to add: The irony of this is that is that this was at a meeting I had arranged with my brother, to tell him he should get tested for celiac - ROFLMAO

Obvious symptoms started as a baby with gastroenteritis....
Self - diagnosed celiac at age 41 - Gluten-free since December 2012, shortly after realised in needed to avoid:
Dairy, soy, all grains, all pseudo-grains, nightshades, legumes, MSG, xantham gum, all sugar alcohols.
Low sugar/refined carbs since Aug '08 due to reactive hypoglycemia.

22/03/13 Mung beans and blackeyebeans reintroduced successfully!

26/06/13 Some symptoms mysteriously returned - found loads of CC in my nuts and dried beans!! (verified by food/symptom journal and emails to companies)

26/11/13 After 2 weeks on crutches (again) realised that legumes cause my joints to inflame - it's undeniable....legumes gone!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mommy2krj

mommy2krj

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:20 AM

That stinks! And is very ironic. :)

Per chance....are you on Frugal Village?

#3 Greebo115

Greebo115

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

That stinks! And is very ironic. :)

Per chance....are you on Frugal Village?

No, I haven't heard of it......maybe I'll have a look now.....I've abandoned work for today, I can't think straight at all...

Self - diagnosed celiac at age 41 - Gluten-free since December 2012, shortly after realised in needed to avoid:
Dairy, soy, all grains, all pseudo-grains, nightshades, legumes, MSG, xantham gum, all sugar alcohols.

26/06/13 Some symptoms mysteriously returned - found loads of CC in my nuts and dried beans!! (verified by food/symptom journal and emails to companies)

26/11/13 After 2 weeks on crutches (again) realised that legumes cause my joints to inflame - it's undeniable....legumes gone!

#4 mommy2krj

mommy2krj

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:15 AM

No, I haven't heard of it......maybe I'll have a look now.....I've abandoned work for today, I can't think straight at all...

Huh. You have the same screen name (minus the numbers) and I've never seen it anywhere else. :)

Most of my days have been that way lately. Like thinking and doing just take too much effort. It does not bode well for my winter as it definitely gets worse in the winter. *sigh*

#5 Greebo115

Greebo115

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

Huh. You have the same screen name (minus the numbers) and I've never seen it anywhere else. :)

Most of my days have been that way lately. Like thinking and doing just take too much effort. It does not bode well for my winter as it definitely gets worse in the winter. *sigh*

Nope, not me. But I just had a look and it's my kind of thing, I am already VERY frugal......not much there that I don't already do, lol, but always eager to find something new.

Well, so far I'm so bloated I've had to change my clothes, pain is bad,  burst into tears when my hubby arrived home (no reason!), burnt the dinner and walked into the door frame - so, it's a glutening then. Doh!

Lesson learned - wash my hands before eating-every time.

#6 mommy2krj

mommy2krj

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

Oh dear! I hope you're feeling better soon! Like any one of those symptoms aren't bad enough on their own....but then to walk into the door frame along with it. Goodness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: