Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Don't You Hate It When...

6 posts in this topic

You get that familiar stomach pain, then the bloating.......and you start to feel tired and confused.....

and you know you ate only food made by yourself, from fresh ingredients......but you realise that you just touched paper bags with sandwiches and cakes in them and a "for certain" gluteny table top, then ate your safe "finger foods" without washing your hands....

Sitting here in pain, wondering if I just glutened myself, or if it is just possible that the symptoms I am feeling are from the fact that I forgot to take my digestive enzymes when I ate my home made nut/seed bars.

Time will tell.

Woe is me. :-(

Oh, and edited to add: The irony of this is that is that this was at a meeting I had arranged with my brother, to tell him he should get tested for celiac - ROFLMAO

Ads by Google:

That stinks! And is very ironic. :)

Per chance....are you on Frugal Village?

That stinks! And is very ironic. :)

Per chance....are you on Frugal Village?

No, I haven't heard of it......maybe I'll have a look now.....I've abandoned work for today, I can't think straight at all...

No, I haven't heard of it......maybe I'll have a look now.....I've abandoned work for today, I can't think straight at all...

Huh. You have the same screen name (minus the numbers) and I've never seen it anywhere else. :)

Most of my days have been that way lately. Like thinking and doing just take too much effort. It does not bode well for my winter as it definitely gets worse in the winter. *sigh*

Huh. You have the same screen name (minus the numbers) and I've never seen it anywhere else. :)

Most of my days have been that way lately. Like thinking and doing just take too much effort. It does not bode well for my winter as it definitely gets worse in the winter. *sigh*

Nope, not me. But I just had a look and it's my kind of thing, I am already VERY frugal......not much there that I don't already do, lol, but always eager to find something new.

Well, so far I'm so bloated I've had to change my clothes, pain is bad,  burst into tears when my hubby arrived home (no reason!), burnt the dinner and walked into the door frame - so, it's a glutening then. Doh!

Lesson learned - wash my hands before eating-every time.

Oh dear! I hope you're feeling better soon! Like any one of those symptoms aren't bad enough on their own....but then to walk into the door frame along with it. Goodness.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Gluten does WHAT to the brain?
      I'm ok, just a little tired right now.  Lots of stress getting elderly parents and in-laws taken care of. My thyroid took a dip low (no surprise there) so I had to increase dose by a quarter grain. Overall, I am not dragging all day but waking up and getting going in the morning is slowwwwwwwww.  I'm sure you understand that! Yeah........Barty.  I thought of her for DAYS on end and it just saddens me to no end that such good people are the ones being taken.  Sometimes life is just so unfair. We all know that but there are times when it really hits you in the gut. There are times I think they are the lucky ones with the way the world is going these days. This terrorism plague is unnerving and I am really getting mad about it. Dear God, please stop this shyte!  I also miss nvsmom and others who have not been heard from. I hope she is feeling better and is just busy with life.  I got glutened on vacation about 6 years ago on the first day in Liverpool.  Jeez, was I sick!  I know how you feel but take heart........that was the last time I was bagged on vacation.  The longer you are gluten free and heal, the faster you recover from hits. You also get very good at not being glutened. It has been almost 2 years since it happened to me last so after 11 years gluten-free, I think I am doing well with that. I still have a little work to do with the vitamin D levels but I work so seeing much sun isn't happening.  My levels have doubled but they are still under 50. This whole Celiac thing is a part time job!
    • Test Results
      Hang in there SLLRUNNER...it is hard and frustrating.  Good job getting that appointment moved up.  I've done too...I've called daily looking for cancellations.  I can also remember counting down the days until my appointment.  ((((Hugs)))) and please let us know how it goes.
    • So I've been glutened....
      Miso soup has gluten in it, doesn't it? =/ I know that I've been avoiding it, which is a big shame because I adore miso!
    • Kissing and gluten
      Hi guys. I know this is a topic that has come up before, but I'd appreciate a little bit of advice. I've been 'courting' a guy for the past few months; nothing has happened yet but we have a proper date in a few weeks which is likely to lead to kissing. He didn't even know what a ceoliac was until a few days ago; I don't think he'd caught the hints that I'd been dropping beforehand. English isn't his first language - he's east Asian. Anyway, I've heard about being potentially glutened via a kiss. How do I broach this? I don't want to scare him off or make him think that I'm a lot of hard work; I know, I know, he's going to have to accept me as I am, etc. but for someone new to the entire thing, it is likely overwhelming. It would be for me if I'd never heard of it! Do I laughingly bring it up beforehand? We aren't going for food so if he isn't eating, just having a cup of tea, will I still need to be careful? If this seems safe, do I just let him kiss me and then bring up afterwards that any future kisses after food will have different precautions?  It all feels so clinical! He's a lovely guy so I do think he'll be understanding, but if anyone has any advice of first hand experience on how to approach the topic without it being a weird moment, that would be great.  
    • gluten-free...how long til I feel better?
      Hi there.  I had been sick for over a year and decided to try and go off gluten within 4 weeks i started to feel better than i had for so long! But my problem is now i test negative for celiac because i have no gluten in my body. I have been told to go back on gluten so it can be determined if i have it or not but im not willing to go back to feeling that sick again!
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Jmg  »  admin

Hello Admin!
      I don't know whether this is of interest to post on your articles feed:
      http://pratt.duke.edu/about/news/window-guts-brain
      Kind Regards,
      Matt
      · 2 replies
    • celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    VER