9 replies to this topic

#1 vrstruth

vrstruth

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 05:37 PM

been nuaseaus for 3 months... have many other medical problems...take lots of meds... doc has been testing for lots of things... now she is testing for gluten something... Im nervous.... what do I want to see on the blood tests?

violet

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 08:13 AM

what do I want to see on the blood tests?

If you have celiac disease, than you would want them to be positive, so that your intestines can heal and so that you can start feeling better on the gluten free diet. The gluten free diet is hard at first, but it gets easier with time. I actually enjoy eating gluten free now and I find that I am very healthy and I'm feeling so much better than I was. Let us know how the tests go.
Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

#3 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 09:23 AM

been nuaseaus for 3 months... have many other medical problems...take lots of meds... doc has been testing for lots of things... now she is testing for gluten something... Im nervous.... what do I want to see on the blood tests?

violet

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your getting tested for celiac disease with in 3 months of onset of symptons??? WOW thats prbly a record!

- Vincent -

#4 floridanative

floridanative

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 09:49 AM

Your getting tested for celiac disease with in 3 months of onset of symptons??? WOW thats prbly a record!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are right Vydorscope! I thought I was doing well to be this far along getting tested and I presented only with Anemia in March of this year. Didn't get told to see the GI until Sept. but on second trip there (to disuss test results) he mentioned I MAY have celiac disease. Just found out about someone in Chat. who took 13 years for her dx. I think insurance companies are completely ruining our health care system and in a few years we'll be trying to go overseas for serious help instead of the other way around. I'm sure many will disagree with me but we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Dx'd with anemia - March 2005
Positive blood tests - Sept. 2005
Positive biopsy - Jan. 2006
Gluten free since 1-23-06

#5 vrstruth

vrstruth

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 09:00 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have a very good doc :) she is very through

violet

#6 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 09:16 AM

i have a very good doc smile.gif she is very through

you are very lucky :)
Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

#7 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 09:28 AM

you are very lucky  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lucky is not strong enough of a word for it!

- Vincent -

#8 vrstruth

vrstruth

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 10:37 PM

Lucky is not strong enough of a word for it!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

guess Ill just be gratfull for her... I really like her ...

but I am right now having a had time waiting til mon...not like I have a choice, but I want those tests... i see the gi docs assistant's partner... hope it goes well I have more faith in either my doc or the gi doc

thing is I hurt when i eat.... sometimse and other times I am fine... its like when I wsa diagnosed with fibromyalgia

Ive been mostly sugar free since jan05 and have lost 40 lbs ...not easy!
Im a very picky eater always have been...plus Im very poor and have a very limited income...wonder how Im going to afford gluten-free food.... can I be gluten-free and still eat well ... I love bread...I try so hard to eat healthy and still find food I like......sorry just a little scared

thankyou for youalls help and listening

violet

#9 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 04:59 AM

guess Ill just be gratfull for her... I really like her ...

but I  am right now having a had time waiting til mon...not like I have a choice, but I want those tests... i see the gi docs assistant's partner... hope it goes well I have more faith in either my doc  or the gi doc

thing is I hurt when i eat.... sometimse and other times I am fine... its like when I wsa diagnosed  with fibromyalgia

Ive been mostly sugar free since jan05 and have lost 40 lbs ...not easy!
Im a very picky eater always have been...plus Im very poor and have a very limited income...wonder how Im going to afford gluten-free food.... can I be gluten-free and still eat well ... I love bread...I try so hard to eat healthy and still find food I like......sorry just a little scared

thankyou for youalls help and listening

violet

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The gluten-free diet is hard to get started on. And is typically more expensive when you first start. How ever with time you get used to it, and with time you learn cost cutting ideas such as buying the gluten-free you like in bluk, finding offbrands of mainstream products taht are gluten-free. For exmpale we buy alot of fodd that happens to be gluten-free, thats Kroger brand (store brand). It will just take a little work to get there. And lots fo phone calls to companies, and lots of reading posts here. Once your used it, it becomes second nature and you just do it.

- Vincent -

#10 vrstruth

vrstruth

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:37 AM

blood tests came back neg. dont know weither to be happy or sad-FRUSTRSATED .... what is wrong with me...!!!!???? sorry . i dont think I could get the g out of my diet anyway... looks hard....but......

violet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: