5 replies to this topic

#1 luvrdeo

luvrdeo

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

I let a friend cook an extravagant dinner for a group, she knows I have celiac...but something slipped in there obviously.  This was LAST Sunday...as in, the 13th.  It took a few days before I knew what was going on...but then it hit me, and hit me hard.  And still is.  I've been gluten-free for over a year now...this has to be my biggest unknown slip-up, and I'm miserable!  My stomach is making noises it never should.  Food is literally running out of me.  It's been almost 2 weeks...anything I can do to ease the "pain"??  I thought it would be out of my system by now!  Dang food anyway...

lymphocytic colitis 8/1/12
diagnosed w/celiacs 8/14/12
gluten-free 8/14/12
dairy free, grain free, corn free 10/9/12

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 flowerqueen

flowerqueen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

I've had a similar experience recently and the only thing that helped me was gluten and wheat free slippery elm (in capsule form). Hope this helps. Good luck. Hope you feel better soon.
Under active thyroid; diabetic; hiatus hernia; acid reflux; dairy intolerant; arthritis; sciatica due to spine degeneration; diagnosed with coeliac disease November 2011; fibromyalgia; allergic to Thyme & MSG and alcohol. Allergic to TCP antiseptic, and plasters. Taking medication for severe muscle spasms in upper back.
Despite all, remaining positive!

#3 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

i am right there with you - not last saturday, but the saturday before we went out of town and one of the places we ate at (yeah, i broke my own rules - sick of hearing 'we're hungry, where should we eat" so i did the 'find me gluten-free' app (which is actually pretty good on the phone - i thought it was better than the website) and let them pick some places - MISTAAAKKE!)  evidently glutened me.  i am just starting to feel a little better today  :(  this thing is soooo miserable.  my digestive issues weren't as bad as the neuro ones this time.  i am going to take that as i am doing pretty good with healing after 3 years lolz - but - i thought it might go away sooner(it's 14 days for me)  but i am still dragging and staying pretty close to the bathroom :( and bed :( 

hard to believe i used to feel like this (or worse!) all the time...  wait it out, be gentle on your insides as far as foods, drink water, for me,. hot showers maybe, i guess mostly time.  feel better soon!  :)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

When I have been hit, I double the probiotics for a week  (dose in morning, dose at bedtime) and it knocks down the inflammation

and I drink a lot of water. Take it slow, rest. It's all we can do.

Time heals.

I eat mostly carby stuff (I know, fattening) but toast with jam  just makes me feel better and then, just ride it out.

Sorry, hunny ((HUGS))

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5 luvrdeo

luvrdeo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:05 AM

Thanks for all the good advice, and support!  I know we all try hard to be super careful...but sometimes it happens!  I really need to get back on a good probiotic...I used to take it religously, but have slacked lately.  Hadn't heard of the slippery elm...I'll look into that too!  I am just sick of having to run to the bathroom 100 times a day...gets old!! :angry:

lymphocytic colitis 8/1/12
diagnosed w/celiacs 8/14/12
gluten-free 8/14/12
dairy free, grain free, corn free 10/9/12

#6 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:07 AM

I've heard papaya extract (papayne sp?) can be helpful but I think after two weeks, it wouldn't do much.  :(

L-glutamine is helpful in healing muscular linings (ie. the intestines). That might be one to try. It's usually in health food stores.

I hope you turn a corner this weekend.  (hugs)

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: