2 replies to this topic

#1 Nikki2777

Nikki2777

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

Anyone know this restaurant?  I see that the NYC Celiac Meetup group is having an event there to celebrate their re-opening.  I'm always wary of these types of things with restaurants I don't know (because I worry that maybe they were closed for health code violations), but the menu looks great and I'd really like to check it out.  Should I be concerned?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Gluten-Free Fun

Gluten-Free Fun

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:47 AM

This is our second Meetup event at Ku Ku Canteen. I encourage you to call them directly if you have any concerns. The owner's name is Jackie and she is very aware of all of our gluten-free needs. This will be my 5th or 6th time eating there. The staff is very good and they have a lot of knowledge about gluten-free preparation.

By the time we have our event, they will have been reopened more than a month. Restaurants open and close all of the time in NYC. This closing was not unusual to the city. I think you would be surprised which of your other favorite gluten-free restaurants have opened and closed due to the city inspection ratings. 

#3 Nikki2777

Nikki2777

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

Thanks - I was hoping someone from the NY group might be on here.  That's reassuring.  The menu certainly does look good!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: