4 replies to this topic

#1 schneiderk

schneiderk

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:39 AM

Hi, I'm about to travel to Dubai and London and am seeking suggestions for places (either supermarkets or restaurants/cafes etc) that have good gluten-free, vegetarian food. I will be travelling to:

cotswold
burton-on-the-water
upper slaughter
Broadway
Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire
london - borough markets
southbank london
Dubai

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kate

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:42 AM

A member had just recently posted this.  It may be helpful to you.

http://www.celiac.co...en-free-travel/

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 Gluten-Free Fun

Gluten-Free Fun

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:55 AM

You should check out Gluten-Free UAE. They are a great resource about all things gluten-free in the UAE and have a lot of information about Dubai. 

When you are in London, look for groceries in Tesco and Marks & Spencers. They both have their own gluten-free food line. In London, they call gluten-free "Free From" foods. Be sure to look for those. 

Gluten-Free Mrs D is a London-based blogger who has a lot of information. 

#4 Saz

Saz

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:18 AM

You should check out Gluten-Free UAE. They are a great resource about all things gluten-free in the UAE and have a lot of information about Dubai. 

When you are in London, look for groceries in Tesco and Marks & Spencers. They both have their own gluten-free food line. In London, they call gluten-free "Free From" foods. Be sure to look for those. 

Gluten-Free Mrs D is a London-based blogger who has a lot of information. 

Just check that it says free from gluten. I think 99% of products in free from ranges are gluten-free but I have on occasion seen something Free from that might just be dairy and soy freee for example. 

If you find yourself in Brixton Market, check out the gluten-free cafe. I wouldn't make a trip there speciifically to go to the bakery though. The food is great but they cook it all fresh so go to early and there won't be much choice.

Marks and Spencers are good- they have their own small gluten-free range but they also note on packaging of some of their regular ranges if it is gluten free.

I went to Borough Market  a day that only half of it was open, but there were stalls that did gluten-free.

Lots of cafes in England do jacket potatoes and you can pick the fillings. Not always ideal but a potato with some tomato and onion and cheese is better than nothing. Obviously just check that they haven't done anything strange to the potato- like coating it in flour.

#5 cristiana

cristiana

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:51 AM

In the UK, Sainsburys and Waitrose are other good stores which you find in most towns which also have free-from aisles, the bigger the branch, the better the choice available.

Diagnosed by blood test and endoscopy Spring 2013

Adopted a gluten-free diet in May 2013

BRITISH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: