OK... So I've never traveled outside of the US before.
My friend from college is getting married in Costa Rica. I had planned to go and was excited to go prior to getting sick and being diagnosed with celiac disease.
I've spent quite a bit of money on the diagnosis, changing my lifestyle, etc. Not only is money tight, but I'm also concerned about going to Costa Rica and staying gluten-free. How can I tell my friend that I am most likely not going to make it to the wedding?
It's this March by the way.
"We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone." Ronald Reagan
- Diagnosed Celiac via blood test 8-22-13
- Dairy & gluten free in 8-22-13 then did gluten challenge in October
- Endoscopy/Biopsy Oct-26-13 positive for Celiac
- HLA-DQ2 positive
- Vitamin D insufficiency 12-6-13 (had it prior no doubt, just wasn't checked until December)
- Dairy Added back in successfully 3-1-14
- Normal Antibody Levels 3-19-14!
- Egg, sugar alcohols Intolerant 5-2014
Supplements: Fish Oil, Digestive enzymes, probiotics, biotin, multivitamin, joint supplement, psyllium husk
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator