6 replies to this topic

#1 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

Not sure where to put this , I have always cooked for my dog. I am great friends with the people I got him from , he has always been thinner , just healthier looking,Than his sisters and brothers , mom and dad. I am wondering if it isn't because of his diet? He eats very little dog food. He gets cooked chicken or what ever meat we eat and it gets poured over his dog food. Then he wants some cheese, usually American cheese slices, 2 slices , he sometimes eats a few kernels of dog food but really for a Shitz tzu he eats maby a 5 - 10 lb bag of dog food a year .. I have seen so many dog food companies go natural , or lets say put some "More" natural dog food on the market lately! It isn't just us!! It is animals also that is having problems with the stuff they put on the market!! I don't know I have always wondered why my dog looks so much better that all his "Family" I think now.. It is because he has natural food cooked for him!! He is not heavy and over weight and bloated like his brothers , sisters , mom and dad! It is all the natural cooking!! hmmm yep starting to see something here!

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:01 AM

Give that little Shitz some cottage cheese :D  My toy yorkies practically do back flips for it.  And I only mention cheese because American Cheese freaks me out.  Anything formed, molded and made to look like something is just weird, lol.

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:13 AM

This dog will get in my face and hit me! To get his cheese!! I have always cooked for him!! Everyone teases me about it!! Says how spoiled he is! But when he was little I could not find a food he would eat!! I tried the expensive ones the cheap ones the, "all natural" no corn, rice and lamb, so good your dog will love it ones!! And he would put his nose up to it! So I just started making him chicken.  The funny thing about his cheese... It has got to be "Kraft" american cheese!! Not just any brand! And if for some reason we are out I tell him "No!" "it's all gone" His lil head just drops. 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#4 cherries

cherries

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:09 AM

This dog will get in my face and hit me! To get his cheese!! I have always cooked for him!! Everyone teases me about it!! Says how spoiled he is! But when he was little I could not find a food he would eat!! I tried the expensive ones the cheap ones the, "all natural" no corn, rice and lamb, so good your dog will love it ones!! And he would put his nose up to it! So I just started making him chicken.  The funny thing about his cheese... It has got to be "Kraft" american cheese!! Not just any brand! And if for some reason we are out I tell him "No!" "it's all gone" His lil head just drops. 

Aww that last part sounds so cute. We also have Shih Tzu's and ours love veggies and cheese.

Gluten free since 2013.

#5 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

Mom had a poodle who was born sick. (Poor little thing was rescued from a puppy mill.) She (the dog, not Mom) had severe pancratitis, and her bladder was permiable. She even went to Tufts and has been written up in veterinarian medical journals.

Anyway, Mom cooked for the dog. She ate chicken and she ate hamburger. And later in her life, she had to be on a special, medical dogfood. Well, the dog was used to having her food hot so she wouldn't eat it. Mom went out and bought a new toaster oven and used the old one to heat the dogs food (and let me tell you, it REEKED!) But the dog ate it and between Mom's doting care and the help of the vet (I won't go into how much money Mom spent!), that poor little sick dog lived to be 15!

She died the same day Mom did. As a matter of fact (you can get through this, Barty), as Mom lay dying it seemed that she didn't want to let go. She was worried about who would take care of the dog. I told her "I've got one hand and Jesus is taking your other hand. He's going to take you home to see Daddy, and Buttons is going to meet you there too."

She smiled, and then she died.

True story.

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#6 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Thank you for sharing that Barty :wub:

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

#7 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

bartful, that is a sweet but yet sad story!! 

Give that little Shitz some cottage cheese :D  My toy yorkies practically do back flips for it.  And I only mention cheese because American Cheese freaks me out.  Anything formed, molded and made to look like something is just weird, lol.

Colleen

Yes it is weird!! I don't eat it!! lol Hubbs does! He has the dog under his feet when he opens the package. My Harley will not eat cottage cheese the stinker!! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: animals, dog, cat, cats, dogs, animal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: