54 replies to this topic

#46 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,859 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:46 PM

:)   I'm glad I was wrong about MARS miniatures - or the information was outdated, or whatever...  It's good to see companies taking cross-contamination and allergens seriously.  (although the thought of having to "settle" for a full-sized Snickers instead of a baby one wasn't all that bad...)

I'll have to look for "Mama's Baci Cafe" - shouldn't be too far from me.  Thanks!

Unfortunately, this is how Celiac " myths" are born. People read the mis- information, and, for some reason, believe it without any research or common sense, and don't come back a day or two later to read the " truth". Sigh....

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

5 out of 4 people struggle with math.

math-problem-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#47 NoGlutenCooties

NoGlutenCooties

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:36 AM

or that someone's old post about what she thought might be happening with "run off chocolate" being gluten cc was not really factual or valid, or whatever.

:)

so are we "all good" here? hope so. ;)

Since you asked...  I'll admit that at times I don't appreciate your tone - although, I try to keep in mind that tone doesn't always come through in an email/post/whatever as it was meant to be.

That said - I'm glad you requested that the information be sourced.  I couldn't put my finger on where I had read that bit of information (the original post you cite was not the only place I read it) so I went digging for an official (updated) answer.  Now we all know the bottom line... and know it came from a reliable source.  Which is what really matters. 

When I'm wrong, I admit I'm wrong.

I still won't trust a bowl of miniatures where I can't read the label from the bag they came in though... but that's just me.

Positive Bloodtest: Oct 1, 2013

Gluten-free since: Oct 2, 2013

Celiac confirmed by Biopsy: Oct 29, 2013

#48 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,859 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:22 AM

I still won't trust a bowl of miniatures where I can't read the label from the bag they came in though... but that's just me.

Not that that was exactly the issue here, but, of course. I can't remember every candy that is gluten-free or no gluten.

First rule of Celiac Club - " Do NOT eat anything if you don't know the ingredients"

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

5 out of 4 people struggle with math.

math-problem-smiley-emoticon.gif

#49 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,449 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:57 AM

Since you asked...  I'll admit that at times I don't appreciate your tone - although, I try to keep in mind that tone doesn't always come through in an email/post/whatever as it was meant to be.

I could say the same about you,and some of your posts.... but I know full well that there is no way to interpret "tone" in a post. I always give people the benefit of the doubt.

I think maybe you misread me. Maybe you do not get my humor.

I know you have misread other people's posts before, too. 

And just because I asked a question of you, it does not mean I am an antagonist or anything.

I am just asking for clarification. You made a claim that was not true.

You do not like my "tone"? You made several statements that were pretty firm, inflexible

and downright rude and defensive. But I did not say anything rude in reply.

I am sorry you feel that way about me, though.. 

I think you just do not know me well enough, Cooties, because I am really a very sweet person. :D

Ask my Mom, my hubs.. Ask my friends. I am pretty sure they'll tell you that's the truth.

but, you have your "opinion" and that's cool. I can't help how you feel, I guess. ah well.

.... Best wishes to you.

Edited by IrishHeart, 25 November 2013 - 01:30 PM.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#50 NoGlutenCooties

NoGlutenCooties

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:12 AM

Unfortunately, this is how Celiac " myths" are born. People read the mis- information, and, for some reason, believe it without any research or common sense, and don't come back a day or two later to read the " truth". Sigh....

Point taken.

Positive Bloodtest: Oct 1, 2013

Gluten-free since: Oct 2, 2013

Celiac confirmed by Biopsy: Oct 29, 2013

#51 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,449 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

............and that concludes today's festivities.

Let's all have some M and Ms. ^_^

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#52 moosemalibu

moosemalibu

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

I'm exhausted just reading this back n forth. LOL It may be the celiac disease... but man, I couldn't finish. Hope you two got it squared away.

Jamie

"We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone." Ronald Reagan

• Diagnosed Celiac via blood test 8-22-13
  • Dairy & gluten free in 8-22-13 then did gluten challenge in October
  • Endoscopy/Biopsy Oct-26-13 positive for Celiac
  • HLA-DQ2 positive
  • Vitamin D insufficiency 12-6-13 (had it prior no doubt, just wasn't checked until December)
  • Dairy Added back in successfully 3-1-14
  • Normal Antibody Levels 3-19-14! 
  • Egg, sugar alcohols Intolerant 5-2014

Supplements: Fish Oil, Digestive enzymes, probiotics, biotin, multivitamin, joint supplement, psyllium husk

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#53 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,449 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

I'm exhausted just reading this back n forth. LOL It may be the celiac disease... but man, I couldn't finish. Hope you two got it squared away.

Well, actually...you finished reading it...., because you are the LAST to post! :)

You may call it "back and forth"..... Some of us call it making sure the truth is posted

so that no newly diagnosed people read something and think "it's true" because they read it on celiac.com

As Karen said..this is how celiac myths are perpetuated..

The End.

Really, I think this thread has exhausted itself.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#54 JustCricket

JustCricket

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

Actually, the OP, which is me, posted something pertinent that got lost amid the fray. 

But whatever.

Initial suspicion of IBS. Horrible illness, led me to try Low FODMAPs diet. After not having gluten for 3 weeks and seeming to get better, and being tempted by chocolate chip cookies, I had about 2, and ended up very ill again. 

Went to GI doc for initial appointment, scheduled endoscopy and colonoscopy, but didn't follow through, due to lack of funds.

Gluten-free (with occasional mishaps) since 7/17/13.

Daughter was tested 11/16/13 - awaiting results.

#55 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,449 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:56 AM

Actually, the OP, which is me, posted something pertinent that got lost amid the fray. 

But whatever.

Sorry, Cricket. This happens from time to time on the forum and we do try to steer it back.

Not always easy.

I went back and read the thread and it appears your original questions were answered at the beginning of the thread by several members, but if you have more, you can always start a new thread..

best wishes,IH

"LTES"  Gem 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: