Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

New (To Me) Baking Mix

7 posts in this topic

I tried XO Baking Company's brownie mix and was bowled over. It is truly what I remember from my gluten eating days. Has any one used their all purpose flour? I'm hoping it will work as well as the mix I used. I found the mix in a "weird food aisle" at Home Store. I will order the other products if they are as good as the brownies.   

Ads by Google:

That's great!  I have not seen the product but just use King Arthur flour (from the U.S.) in my favourite brownie recipes.  Chewy and so moist.  I love that brownies can taste the same (or better!) than gluten-y brownies.

I just bought the brownie mix from Home Goods. I find all kinds of fun gluten free food there. 

Home Goods is the store I meant. I also find good gluten-free stuff at TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning and Marshall's. They all have a "weird food" aisle. 

It seems that chocolate is the one thing that translates into gluten-free better than all others. I have yet to eat any kind of gluten-free chocolate baked good that didn't taste the same as the gluten counterpart.  Brownies, cookies, cakes - they're all good.

XO  Baking  is one of the better  gluten-free companies....

Home Goods is the store I meant. I also find good gluten-free stuff at TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning and Marshall's. They all have a "weird food" aisle. 

Ditto to this!  I always pop into these types of stores and look at the food while I am there.  You can get some good bargains on gourmet stuff and gluten-free stuff, just watch the expiration date.  TJMaxx is where I usually go, and they mark them on clearance when the expiration date is 2-3 months out.