#1 JBenner

JBenner

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

Hi everyone.

New to the boards and site, this is my first post.

One of my best friends has Celiac's Disease and her reaction is extremely severe.  She's mapped out acceptable places for her where she lives in CA, but is coming to visit here in Philadelphia near year's end.

I was hoping that someone might be able to tell me some of their preferred gluten-free/celiac-safe eateries in the greater Philadelphia area so that when she's here she doesn't need to stress about possible contamination.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

-J

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

Hi everyone.
One of my best friends has Celiac's Disease and her reaction is extremely severe.  She's mapped out acceptable places for her where she lives in CA, but is coming to visit here in Philadelphia near year's end.
I was hoping that someone might be able to tell me some of their preferred gluten-free/celiac-safe eateries in the greater Philadelphia area so that when she's here she doesn't need to stress about possible contamination.
-J

You might look at this site. I'll see if someone I know in the area will post or give me some to post

http://www.glutenfreephilly.com

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

Hi everyone.
One of my best friends has Celiac's Disease and her reaction is extremely severe. She's mapped out acceptable places for her where she lives in CA, but is coming to visit here in Philadelphia near year's end.
-J

Hi, and welcome to the board:)

I live in South Jersey, just outside of Philadelphia. There is a nice little dedicated gluten free bakery on S 9th St, in the Italian Market called Taffets. They have excellent breads, rolls, biscotti and they do cakes to order.

In the general area, check out Red Robbin, Outback Steakhouse, PF Changs, Elevation Burger, and Zinburger. Not sure of the locations that would be nearest to you, but I have had good luck with any that I've been to-- of course, and as always, let the server know of your needs before ordering.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#4 powerofpositivethinking

powerofpositivethinking

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

gluten free philly just launched an app, so I'd highly suggest that if you have an Iphone  :)

I personally haven't used the app because I have an android phone  <_< but his blog is great, so I would hope the app lives up to his high quality.

Diagnosed with celiac disease, but my fat malabsoption, EPI and Vitamin K deficiency have finally cleared themselves up do to the help from Creon!

Thankful for all the help I've received from members on this board!

Happy to have answers  :) 

#5 JBenner

JBenner

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

You might look at this site. I'll see if someone I know in the area will post or give me some to post

http://www.glutenfreephilly.com

Thanks so much Kareng.  I feel kinda dumb I didn't web search gluten free Philly to begin with but...
Anyway, much obliged!

#6 JBenner

JBenner

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:18 PM

Hi, and welcome to the board:)

I live in South Jersey, just outside of Philadelphia. There is a nice little dedicated gluten free bakery on S 9th St, in the Italian Market called Taffets. They have excellent breads, rolls, biscotti and they do cakes to order.

In the general area, check out Red Robbin, Outback Steakhouse, PF Changs, Elevation Burger, and Zinburger. Not sure of the locations that would be nearest to you, but I have had good luck with any that I've been to-- of course, and as always, let the server know of your needs before ordering.

Jerseyangel, thanks a ton.  In your experience, are the chains you've listed ones that have gluten free options or are they also ones with good separation of foods/kitchen practices that reduce the possibility of cross contamination?

Thanks!

-J

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: