#1 mommarazzi2

mommarazzi2

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

Hello,
Last week we had our 2 year old sons blood tested for a bunch of allergies. His symptoms have been ongoing and never changing diarrhea since birth. At every new stage of new milk or formula Dr would say oh its just the change it will get better. Well it never did and so I brought him to a Pediatric GI. He also has an unexplained eczema that he has had also since he was a newborn. The test results are negative for Celiac but I would like your opinion.......also he was negative for the long list of food allergies that they tested for.

Here are his results.
IgA 58. Range is 11-134
IgA1 53. Range is 7-132
IgA2 6. Range is 1-23

IgE is 28. Range <61.

tTG Negative
tTG antibody IgA was 3.10. Range is <20.

Thank you everyone for your help. I know that he can test negative and then we have an endoscopy done and they find that he does indeed have Celiac.
Do you think his numbers are high enough to not be completely negative? Should I push the Dr to do a Endoscopy?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 powerofpositivethinking

powerofpositivethinking

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:54 AM

this link helped me learn about the different types of blood immunoglobulins when I first started researching: http://kidshealth.or...oglobulins.html

the following tests are not diagnostic of celiac, but instead tell you that your son makes normal levels of IgA and IgE.

Here are his results.
IgA 58. Range is 11-134
IgA1 53. Range is 7-132
IgA2 6. Range is 1-23

IgE is 28. Range <61.

The only celiac test that was completed was:

tTG Negative

Even though your son produces a normal amount of IgA and his TTG is negative, he really should have the DGP IgA and IgG based tests performed because they can be more helpful in finding celiac diesease in young children. 

take a look at the last line in this link: http://www.curecelia...-celiac-disease

take a look at this abstract as well regarding DGP to young children:  http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23558824

I'd say before moving onto the endoscopy, see if you can get the doctor to run the deamidated gliadin peptide IgA and IgG versions. 

good luck!

Hello,
Last week we had our 2 year old sons blood tested for a bunch of allergies. His symptoms have been ongoing and never changing diarrhea since birth. At every new stage of new milk or formula Dr would say oh its just the change it will get better. Well it never did and so I brought him to a Pediatric GI. He also has an unexplained eczema that he has had also since he was a newborn. The test results are negative for Celiac but I would like your opinion.......also he was negative for the long list of food allergies that they tested for.

Here are his results.
IgA 58. Range is 11-134
IgA1 53. Range is 7-132
IgA2 6. Range is 1-23

IgE is 28. Range <61.

tTG Negative

Thank you everyone for your help. I know that he can test negative and then we have an endoscopy done and they find that he does indeed have Celiac.
Do you think his numbers are high enough to not be completely negative? Should I push the Dr to do a Endoscopy?

Diagnosed with celiac disease, but my fat malabsoption, EPI and Vitamin K deficiency have finally cleared themselves up do to the help from Creon!

Thankful for all the help I've received from members on this board!

Happy to have answers  :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: