6 replies to this topic

#1 jam7515

jam7515

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:22 AM

I wanted to make this post for all the newbies like me because I could not find all these answers in once place.  Mostly aimed at women.  Gluten intolerance is more than just what you eat, here are my findings:

I developed a sort of greasy, stiffness in the hair on the top of my head.  The fix Suave Clarifying shampoo and conditioner.  If you want to go a little more upscale Loreal EverCreme Sulfate Free works good too.

I developed Rosacea like symptoms on my face.  The fix.  All the Roc products seem ok, I use Olay Regenerist for cleansing, works great too.

Morning nausea.  Toms of Main Flouride Free Thoothpaste.

Itching armpits and swollen glands.  Arm and Hammer Essentials Deodorant, Paraben and Aluminum free.

Body wash, most of the Olay products seem to be fine.

All these products were found by trial and error and a lot of research.  Hope it helps someone else out there.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 BelleVie

BelleVie

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

Thank you for taking the time to share this! 

#3 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

I wanted to make this post for all the newbies like me because I could not find all these answers in once place.  Mostly aimed at women.  Gluten intolerance is more than just what you eat, here are my findings:

I developed a sort of greasy, stiffness in the hair on the top of my head.  The fix Suave Clarifying shampoo and conditioner.  If you want to go a little more upscale Loreal EverCreme Sulfate Free works good too.

I developed Rosacea like symptoms on my face.  The fix.  All the Roc products seem ok, I use Olay Regenerist for cleansing, works great too.

Morning nausea.  Toms of Main Flouride Free Thoothpaste.

Itching armpits and swollen glands.  Arm and Hammer Essentials Deodorant, Paraben and Aluminum free.

All these products were found by trial and error and a lot of research.  Hope it helps someone else out there.

there is some pretty good info on the newbie 101 thread in the 'coping with' section of the forum.  :) 

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:10 PM

I also use the suave daily clarifying shampoo, after a few weeks I will get greasy buildup at the roots that my regular shampoo doesn't take out well. Thanks for sharing the products you use with us! :)

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5 answerseeker

answerseeker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:30 PM

I wanted to make this post for all the newbies like me because I could not find all these answers in once place. Mostly aimed at women. Gluten intolerance is more than just what you eat, here are my findings:
I developed a sort of greasy, stiffness in the hair on the top of my head. The fix Suave Clarifying shampoo and conditioner. If you want to go a little more upscale Loreal EverCreme Sulfate Free works good too.
I developed Rosacea like symptoms on my face. The fix. All the Roc products seem ok, I use Olay Regenerist for cleansing, works great too.
Morning nausea. Toms of Main Flouride Free Thoothpaste.
Itching armpits and swollen glands. Arm and Hammer Essentials Deodorant, Paraben and Aluminum free.
All these products were found by trial and error and a lot of research. Hope it helps someone else out there.

I get the swollen glands in the arm pit area too! I thought it was a lump it was scary!

Lori age 40

GERD diagnosed Feb 2012

acute adult onset asthma diagnosed April 2012

celiac diagnosis July 2013

osteopenia Sept 2013

Dysautonomia: POTS (autonomic nervous system dysfunction)

DQ2 Gene

#6 celiac girl

celiac girl

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:46 PM

hi. i was just thinking i continue to be glutened by ma hair products. for example, today i took off my glasses, and put the temple in my mouth, while i was contemplating something (you know....how people put a pencil or pen in their mouth).

i realized when i do that, i'm probably glutting myself.

i'm good at not eating anything with gluten...at least on purpose.

i'm wondering about cleaning products now...dish soap, laundry soap, body soaps and lotions.

it's been about 2-1/2 years since i was diagnosed, and i've never experienced a drastic change in my health.

any thoughts?

#7 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:07 AM

My first wonder is if you are getting cross contamination. If your home is not 100% gluten free, you may want to create a small kitchen using a table, electric skillet, and utensils.  It is nice to have running water and a tub near by for washing dishes.   I would suggest you consider an SCD (Special Carbohydrate Diet) diet.  This was developed to help those with celiac that are not healing. Basically the diet is grain free.  One can make baked products using nut flour.  You can find the allowed foods by googling SCD diet. 

You may want to look at the Newbie thread to see if there is anything you missed.  Since you don't feel you are getting results you may want to be extremely vigilant about all forms of gluten.

I hope you will have startling results in the future.

D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: