4 replies to this topic

#1 katier127

katier127

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:46 AM

All I had last night out of the normal was Malibu Rum and Dailey's Pina Colada mix. I am not sure if it is possible I had a reaction to this?

I also ate cheesy potatoes (dairy really doesn't bother me), and some dark dove chocolates (which I eat under normal circumstances and have never had an issue). That's it. 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 bartfull

bartfull

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:19 AM

How long have you been gluten-free? Are you celiac or non-celiac gluten intolerant?

When we first go gluten-free, just about anything can set us off. While we are still healing our guts are so sensitive even gluten-free foods will sometimes make us sick. Also, alcohol can be a problem for us because we are now absorbing things better.

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#3 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,234 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:22 PM

All I had last night out of the normal was Malibu Rum and Dailey's Pina Colada mix. I am not sure if it is possible I had a reaction to this?
I also ate cheesy potatoes (dairy really doesn't bother me), and some dark dove chocolates (which I eat under normal circumstances and have never had an issue). That's it.

If you didn't make the potatoes, are you sure they were gluten-free?

And I second what Barty said.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#4 katier127

katier127

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

Thank you for the replies!  :)

Diagnosed celiac. Since July 1st.

I drink wine on a regular basis and it doesn't ever mess with me. 

I made the potatoes from scratch, no box mix. 

:unsure: I have no clue. As I am sure you know, it can be so hard to judge where a person might even picked up cross contamination. I think that's my hardest thing since going gluten free. I know my kitchen is 100% safe but eating with others... is a challenge. And Thanksgiving was just a day and a half ago. :rolleyes:

#5 LauraTX

LauraTX

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:22 PM

I double checked what I had read before about Dailys, and their website currently states all their products are gluten free.  On the rare occasion I drink alcohol, I really like their strawberry frozen drink thingy.  

Anyways, maybe it was a combination of all the heavy food that gave you a little tummy trouble?  Especially around a holiday people tend to not eat their normal kind of food.  If you still suspect that you were sensitive to something in what you ate, try those same things again, one at a time, very spread out, on days where you eat something you know you are okay with.  And if none of them cause you trouble, you can chalk it up to just eating differently around the holiday.  It can be hard to differentiate what causes symptoms.

And welcome to the forum :)

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: