Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Really Sick And Wondering If It Is Contaminated Rice

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. Well, I'm on day four of a terrible reaction, which for me, includes a pounding migraine that refuses to go away. I've also been having severe knee pain and joint pain, and shooting pains in my muscles. I thought it was some red pepper flakes that were made in China that made me sick, but last night I went to a Thanksgiving potluck at a friend's house and was feeling better when I arrived, but felt horrible by the end of the night. I didn't eat anybody else's food, only mine, and it was safe, but now I'm wondering if my rice is likely to be contaminated. It's organic brown rice, but is a Korean brand produced by a Korean company, so I'm guessing barley and rice are farmed close to one another and are transported in shared equipment. Do you take issue with contaminated rice?  I don't think it's a problem with rice itself, as I eat it other times and feel completely fine. 

Ads by Google:

Bellvie,

I think at this point maybe you should shelve the Korean rice and purchase some new.  I use Jasmine rice, it is white but quite tasty, or a different brand of brown.  See if you show any reaction.  It may just be that particular package. 

Good Luck and I how you start to feel better soon.

Colleen

I do better with Thai rice.  I hope that you feel better soon.

Sigh. Okey doke. I will give it a go. Thank you ladies. 

(((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))

Lol thank you! It's not a huge deal, it's just that my online grocery shopping bill is mysteriously (heh, or not) getting higher and higher every month.  :rolleyes: But that headache was such a doozy, I lost four whole days. Awful, awful. I won't be going near the rice here again. Which is a shame, 'cuz it's such a cheap staple here! 

I can't handle much brown rice in general (my gut doesn't like anything that's too good for me), but yeah, CC could be a possibility. Brown basmati might be better if you want something whole grain.

Feel better soon!!