This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Thought I Was Glutened!

w8in4dave

w8in4dave Community Regular

Ohh my went out to eat with hubbs and my son from out of town. They bought me candy!! That was sweet!! Really it was!! Anyhoo we went to Lone Star I had a Steak, Sweet potatoes, and Green beans. It was very good but about half way thru, in the rest room I go!! Then about 3/4 of the way , back I go!! Ugh ohh!! I was thinking here I went out to eat and I have to run to the rest room!! I was sure it was Gluten!! So afterwards I looked at the box of candy and sure enuf!! Corn!! Well lets just say I am soooo happy it was corn and not Gluten!! Whew!! I read the label before I ate some , you know before we went out to dinner! I even said! Yay!! No corn in it!! Well it had corn!! "WhitMans Cherry Cordials" My very fav!! But yup "corn syrup" Ughhh Darn it!! 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

SkyBlue4 Apprentice

Awww, that's a shame!

I hope you feel better.

p.s. Maybe they should just give you flowers next time  :P 

GF Lover Rising Star

Clean off the spectacles Girl :P  Start reading the label twice, once for gluten, once for corn.  And you know how I feel about restaurants, so I won't go there.  Get well quickly.  :)

Colleen

I know!! Well Geeze I haven't seen my son in so long! And he was in town, it was getting late, hubbs was tiredhe gets up at 3:45 am. He needed to eat I needed to eat and the kids needed to eat. SO i picked Lone Star because they have a awesome new Chef that is sooo cool!! And the Corn doesn't linger and make me sick like Gluten does. It goes right thru me! But yea I am going to have to start reading better!! I knew it didn't have Gluten! I am not about to do that again!! Not even for Chocolate! It is amazing how 2 lil pieces of candy can effect me !! Just that lil bit of corn! Amazes me!! 

I did talk to a friend today that wend grain free! She is such an interesting person!! Amazing!! 

OK I said it didn't effect me! Well I think I was wrong!! My joints have been aching I had a spot on my foot last night that was threatening a cramp all night!! Didn't cramp put kept me up threatening it! And a headache! I had a small headache all day! I didn't take anything for it because it wasn't bad and I am not sure what to take anymore! I am sure all this was due to the corn I ate! I have been doing so well! I used to wake up nightly from lag cramps! And I thought going Gluten free was helping that but still kinda getting them, since going Corn free I have not been getting them at all! Till last night! I think it was a lingering symptom. 

GF Lover Rising Star

Your getting there Wendy.  Read, Read, and Read labels.  I still get those threatening foot cramp things.  Doesn't go to a full cramp, THANKFULLY, but I freak out anyway :lol:

Be well.

Colleen

Archived