This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

A Cure For Gluten Problems?

Littllemel

Littllemel Apprentice

People are curing their gluten issues using C/ D. You might want to look into it, Open Original Shared Link

Melissa

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

People are curing their gluten issues using C/ D. You might want to look into it, Open Original Shared Link

Melissa

What? This is a link to a closed Fb page. Looks like maybe for a pseudo health practitioner? I can't tell.

Currently, there is no " cure" for Celiac disease. Eating gluten free is the treatment, but it is not a cure. Eating gluten will make it come back.

Edit- I doubt those people on that page expect 100's of people to see their pictures and real names on this forum!

Littllemel Apprentice

I have no involvement with the site just posted it so everyone can research it more. People are curing all sorts of stuff like autism, malaria and chrons with chlorine dioxide.

Melissa

kareng Grand Master

I have no involvement with the site just posted it so everyone can research it more. People are curing all sorts of stuff like autism, malaria and chrons with chlorine dioxide.

Melissa

Linking to a closed FBI group isn't really research. Do you have some legitimate research to share? So we could have some idea of what you are talking about? I'm guessing the C/D you are referring to is not Celiac Disease?

Littllemel Apprentice

You can try these links too. Open Original Shared Link

And Open Original Shared Link

But the best site seems to be the FB site. Sorry if you can't see it. C/D is Chlorine Dioxide.

Melissa

kareng Grand Master

You can try these links too. Open Original Shared Link

And Open Original Shared Link

But the best site seems to be the FB site. Sorry if you can't see it. C/D is Chlorine Dioxide.

Melissa

A Facebook site isn't real research. I'm still not sure what any if this has to do with celiac Disease?

A book by a minister and some other company's link is not research. Also, they are discussing autism. Please provide some legitimate, medical research links to explain how this will " cure" Celiac. I am very confused why you would post this?

GF Lover Rising Star

Okay.  The first link is to buy a book and the second link is about autism.  There is nothing here about celiac or gluten Intolerance.   Please be more careful in the future to provide proven research about celiac or gluten Intolerance and to stay on topic with the theme of this site.  There is no cure.

Colleen 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Littllemel Apprentice

Ok, I found some more links. Chlorine Dioxide is also known as MMS.

Open Original Shared Link

I will keep searching for more...

Melissa

kareng Grand Master

Ok, I found some more links. Chlorine Dioxide is also known as MMS.

I will keep searching for more...

Melissa

These are links to your church's website? Obviously, I have no clue what you are trying to say. Sorry.
IrishHeart Veteran

FDA NEWS RELEASE

For Immediate Release: July 30, 2010
Media Inquiries: Elaine Gansz Bobo, 301-796-7567, Open Original Shared Link 
Consumer Inquiries: 888-INFO-FDA

FDA Warns Consumers of Serious Harm from Drinking Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS)
Product contains industrial strength bleach

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is warning consumers not to take Miracle Mineral Solution, an oral liquid also known as “Miracle Mineral Supplement” or “MMS.”  The product, when used as directed, produces an industrial bleach that can cause serious harm to health.

The FDA has received several reports of health injuries from consumers using this product, including severe nausea, vomiting, and life-threatening low blood pressure from dehydration.

Consumers who have MMS should stop using it immediately and throw it away. 

MMS is distributed on Internet sites and online auctions by multiple independent distributors. Although the products share the MMS name, the look of the labeling may vary.  

The product instructs consumers to mix the 28 percent sodium chlorite solution with an acid such as citrus juice. This mixture produces chlorine dioxide, a potent bleach used for stripping textiles and industrial water treatment. High oral doses of this bleach, such as those recommended in the labeling, can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and symptoms of severe dehydration. 

MMS claims to treat multiple unrelated diseases, including HIV, hepatitis, the H1N1 flu virus, common colds, acne, cancer, and other conditions. The FDA is not aware of any research that MMS is effective in treating any of these conditions. MMS also poses a significant health risk to consumers who may choose to use this product for self-treatment instead of seeking FDA-approved treatments for these conditions. 

The FDA continues to investigate and may pursue civil or criminal enforcement actions as appropriate to protect the public from this potentially dangerous product. 

The FDA advises consumers who have experienced any negative side effects from MMS to consult a health care professional as soon as possible and to discard the product. Consumers and health care professionals should report adverse events to the FDA’s MedWatch program at 800-FDA-1088 or online atOpen Original Shared Link.

kareng Grand Master

FDA NEWS RELEASE

For Immediate Release: July 30, 2010Media Inquiries: Elaine Gansz Bobo, 301-796-7567, elaine.bobo@fda.hhs.gov Consumer Inquiries: 888-INFO-FDA

FDA Warns Consumers of Serious Harm from Drinking Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS)Product contains industrial strength bleach

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is warning consumers not to take Miracle Mineral Solution, an oral liquid also known as “Miracle Mineral Supplement” or “MMS.”  The product, when used as directed, produces an industrial bleach that can cause serious harm to health.

The FDA has received several reports of health injuries from consumers using this product, including severe nausea, vomiting, and life-threatening low blood pressure from dehydration.

Consumers who have MMS should stop using it immediately and throw it away. 

MMS is distributed on Internet sites and online auctions by multiple independent distributors. Although the products share the MMS name, the look of the labeling may vary.  

The product instructs consumers to mix the 28 percent sodium chlorite solution with an acid such as citrus juice. This mixture produces chlorine dioxide, a potent bleach used for stripping textiles and industrial water treatment. High oral doses of this bleach, such as those recommended in the labeling, can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and symptoms of severe dehydration. 

MMS claims to treat multiple unrelated diseases, including HIV, hepatitis, the H1N1 flu virus, common colds, acne, cancer, and other conditions. The FDA is not aware of any research that MMS is effective in treating any of these conditions. MMS also poses a significant health risk to consumers who may choose to use this product for self-treatment instead of seeking FDA-approved treatments for these conditions. 

The FDA continues to investigate and may pursue civil or criminal enforcement actions as appropriate to protect the public from this potentially dangerous product. 

The FDA advises consumers who have experienced any negative side effects from MMS to consult a health care professional as soon as possible and to discard the product. Consumers and health care professionals should report adverse events to the FDA’s MedWatch program at 800-FDA-1088 or online atOpen Original Shared Link.

wow! And a church is pushing this chemical? Is that was is going on?

Oh! Littlemel, please be careful with this. Have you used it?

IrishHeart Veteran

Ok, here is more information from a different source. A scientific source. Medical doctors wrote the articles and do the research:

Sorry, hon but I do not see how this is beneficial for anyone. :(

This is basically DRINKING BLEACH

My husband is a chemist... for . 33 years... and he says it's toxic. 

Littllemel Apprentice

No not my church. I don't belong to any church. I joined your celiac forum early last year when I thought I had celiac disease. You can look through my old posts if you wish. Oh and the FDA puts that notice out because they are in cahoots with big pharma.

Anyway I found out later that I actually had Lyme Disease which was mimicking the celiac. Apparently it mimics a lot of diseases. After countless treatments and abx that made it and my leaky gut worse I starting learning about MMS and joined the FB forum. So I have been taking it for the past 8 months. It has gotten rid of my gluten/food allergies, leaky gut, candida, heavy metals poisoning and most of my Lyme and I am almost completely free of symptoms. I remember writing desperate posts on this site last year to get help for my leaky gut and I always made a mental note that if I got better I would come back and let people know what was causing my issues. The people on this site would always say the "cured" ones have no reason to post anymore so they just go away, so I wanted to post how I got out of my illness. I didn't realize I was going to get attacked for it, MEOW!!

I wish all of you good luck in your journey.

Melissa

IrishHeart Veteran

No one "attacked you" and it's not just the FDA that has voiced concerns. there are all kinds of lawsuits and health problems/near deaths reported. 

It can cause acute Open Original Shared Link

But if you are comfortable drinking a bleach solution, that's your call.

Glad you feel better!!

Best wishes.

kareng Grand Master

No not my church. I don't belong to any church. I joined your celiac forum early last year when I thought I had celiac disease. You can look through my old posts if you wish. Oh and the FDA puts that notice out because they are in cahoots with big pharma.

Anyway I found out later that I actually had Lyme Disease which was mimicking the celiac. Apparently it mimics a lot of diseases. After countless treatments and abx that made it and my leaky gut worse I starting learning about MMS and joined the FB forum. So I have been taking it for the past 8 months. It has gotten rid of my gluten/food allergies, leaky gut, candida, heavy metals poisoning and most of my Lyme and I am almost completely free of symptoms. I remember writing desperate posts on this site last year to get help for my leaky gut and I always made a mental note that if I got better I would come back and let people know what was causing my issues. The people on this site would always say the "cured" ones have no reason to post anymore so they just go away, so I wanted to post how I got out of my illness. I didn't realize I was going to get attacked for it, MEOW!!

Melissa

I am glad you found what was wrong with you - Lyme. It does seem to sometimes look like Celiac. I wish you had said that right up front.

I hope you have no issues from that chemical. Do you want/ need to take it for your whole life? Just curious.

Littllemel Apprentice

I'm sorry I guess I could have said it different. I was just trying to help others. I remember how desperate for help I was. Such a hopeless feeling.

Anyway, I take such a low dose of MMS that it's harmless. In fact the FDA allows it to be sprayed on fruits and vegetables in much higher doses and the FDA uses it as a drinking water purifier.

I remember reading a book on it and in the book it mentioned that celiac was one of the ailments so I thought I would let ya'll know about it. At least you can research it more than just the government calling it bleach, which it isn't. Bleach is sodium hypochlorite.

There is also another book about it by an ND that is curing autism with it, so I don't think it should be something people push aside as a fad. It should be looked into more. Maybe there is something to it.

Melissa

w8in4dave Community Regular

Melissa

There is no "Cure" for Celiac , You control Celiac by changing your diet. So glad you got better tho. Good luck! 

Archived