Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Keep With The Diet

7 posts in this topic

To all of the newbies, stick with the diet strickly, it is worth it! I have been gluten-free now for 2 1/2 years. If you read my bio you know I was suffering bad when I first come to this site. It's hard for me to believe now how much pain and how stressed my system was. It took me a good 2 years of recovery, the first year being the hardest. Now I am back in the gym lifting heavy weights and no longer feeling the aches in my tendons, joints or bones!! I can jog again. Not only do I have energy for workouts but I can sleep at night too....I know how rough that was. Stick with it, don't cheat....embrace what you can do and what you can have, it will make the difference!

Annette

Ads by Google:

To all of the newbies, stick with the diet strickly, it is worth it! I have been gluten-free now for 2 1/2 years. If you read my bio you know I was suffering bad when I first come to this site. It's hard for me to believe now how much pain and how stressed my system was. It took me a good 2 years of recovery, the first year being the hardest. Now I am back in the gym lifting heavy weights and no longer feeling the aches in my tendons, joints or bones!! I can jog again. Not only do I have energy for workouts but I can sleep at night too....I know how rough that was. Stick with it, don't cheat....embrace what you can do and what you can have, it will make the difference!

Annette

Thank you. I ready your story on your profile. You had quite the medical horror story. Glad to see if you can come back from that - I can too.  :)

that is awesome, annette!!!  and great advice, as well :)  it does get a little bumpy sometimes, but soooooooooo worth it.  i, too, was limping toward my open grave and i'm so glad i COMMITTED to this diet.  it takes a little ironing out to make sure you are strictly gluten-free and, you're right - that is so important.  thanx for this encouraging post :)  love it!  :)

Oh, I am looking forward to those workouts...!

Thank you so much for coming here and sharing.  :)