Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Bloating - Help? :(

31 posts in this topic

Good Luck let us know how it all goes! 

Ads by Google:

I know some people experience major bloating after eating foods with gluten in them...but I have been bloated almost non stop, even after cutting gluten out of my diet. 

My stomach is huge, I have no idea why the bloating won't go down. I am pretty careful, even going so far as to eliminate hand sanitizers and shampoos with gluten in them. I read that digestive supplements and probiotics as well as drinking more water can help the bloat go down. Does anyone else have any other tips? For awhile I couldn't drink much water...it was making me sick..but now I am gradually able to drink more water again, thankfully. Can anyone recommend good probiotics/digestive enzymes that actually work for bloating? It seems like there's always something wrong. I know my stomach is far too big for my size...it looks like I'm pregnant.. please help? :(

I also have gall stones, not sure if that matters...

I am a little under a year and a half gluten free now. Only recently have I discovered horrible bloating, gas and pain after eating large amounts of dairy. I seem to be ok with a yogurt here and there, a little cheese and half and half in my coffee. But if I eat a bowl of ice cream, or gluten-free Mac and Cheese, gluten-free pizza....I get very bloated. 

last night, I had ice cream and I was so bloated, gassy and sick to my stomach that I just went right to bed. Every so often I try to eat it, with the same results. I guess I should just give up. I was actually ok going Gluten Free, it was very non-eventful and I don't have cravings. But cutting Dairy hurts. 

There are non-dairy ice creams available at your health food store. One of them is made with coconut "cream". I've never tried it but a friend of mine has and she loved it. :)

There are non-dairy ice creams available at your health food store. One of them is made with coconut "cream". I've never tried it but a friend of mine has and she loved it. :)

I think the coconut ice cream brand is called "So Delicious".  There are also gelato's and ices available as an alternative to dairy based stuff.

Hi all!

The non dairy ice cream "So Delicious" (made with coconut milk - though they have a soy variety as well) IS very good! I got off the SCD diet when frustrated with it - but I have gone lactose free and mostly dairy free, apart from my almond cheese (no lactose, but has casein) I noticed that yeast seems to trigger GI symptoms..(bloating, "the big D") AND it seemed to make my skin issues worse...so I am off yeast as well. 

The bloating comes and goes. :( I never noticed my stomach so big as it was when my primary care doctor told me to try Gas-x for the bloat. It MADE me gassy, (which I took as a good sign, I thought it was kind of cleansing all of the gas out?) and then when I looked in the mirror I wanted to cry. My stomach was HUGE. HUGGGEE. Needless to say, I never touched those pills again. 

I think my bloating has to do with the lactose intolerance, the yeast issue, and I also just found out I have abdominal hernia (per my naturopathic doctor) but he says there are non surgical methods to treat that. I bet that is a good source of why I am bloated. (I'm very 'tender' and sore when the doctors push down on my stomach, and it feels kind of hard) So I'm guessing that once the hernia is corrected, the bloating will get better. I am not as consistently bloated as I once was, which is a good sign! I've also been advised to try digestive enzymes called Vitalzyme..anyone have luck with these? They claim to help digest gluten (and also casein)...not that I would ever intentionally eat gluten, but I wonder if it helps with CC issues? 

Hi all!

The non dairy ice cream "So Delicious" (made with coconut milk - though they have a soy variety as well) IS very good! I got off the SCD diet when frustrated with it - but I have gone lactose free and mostly dairy free, apart from my almond cheese (no lactose, but has casein) I noticed that yeast seems to trigger GI symptoms..(bloating, "the big D") AND it seemed to make my skin issues worse...so I am off yeast as well. 

The bloating comes and goes. :( I never noticed my stomach so big as it was when my primary care doctor told me to try Gas-x for the bloat. It MADE me gassy, (which I took as a good sign, I thought it was kind of cleansing all of the gas out?) and then when I looked in the mirror I wanted to cry. My stomach was HUGE. HUGGGEE. Needless to say, I never touched those pills again. 

I think my bloating has to do with the lactose intolerance, the yeast issue, and I also just found out I have abdominal hernia (per my naturopathic doctor) but he says there are non surgical methods to treat that. I bet that is a good source of why I am bloated. (I'm very 'tender' and sore when the doctors push down on my stomach, and it feels kind of hard) So I'm guessing that once the hernia is corrected, the bloating will get better. I am not as consistently bloated as I once was, which is a good sign! I've also been advised to try digestive enzymes called Vitalzyme..anyone have luck with these? They claim to help digest gluten (and also casein)...not that I would ever intentionally eat gluten, but I wonder if it helps with CC issues? 

I just want to say. I have found out Soy is a problem with me. Evidently Soy is very CC'd with Gluten because of the equipment shared. I was CC'd with it a few months ago. You may want to look into that. It is so hard to figure all this out! After a while (It depends on the person) you may be able to get Lactose and corn and stuff back. I am afraid I will not get Soy back. I guess it depends on the person.