This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Help Me Perfect My Breadmaker Bread...

africanqueen99

africanqueen99 Contributor

After trying several different recipes I found one that my family actually enjoys using Namaste Perfect Flour Blend.

Ingredients 3 ½ cups Open Original Shared Link 1 ½ cups milk 1 tablespoon cider vinegar 2 tablespoons oil 2 tablespoons honey ½ cup cornstarch, arrrowroot or tapioca starch 1 teaspoon salt 3 eggs 1 tablespoon yeast

Directions
  1. Combine wet ingredients and place in breadmaker.
  2. Combine dry ingredients (except yeast) and add to breadmaker. Make well in top of flour mixture and add yeast. Close breadmaker.
  3. Bake on medium crust, 1 to 1 ½ lb or gluten free bread setting. (Settings vary by breadmaker). Cool completely before slicing.

I use the cornstarch option because it's what I have on hand.  I've tried canola, veggie, peanut oil - all with the same results.  Add extra honey for a mix.

Here's my question - my family always ate organic multigrain bread.  You know the stuff...you could actually taste the twigs and berries inside.  How can I modify this to make it more multigrain-esque?  We like this bread because the texture is great and it's freaking awesome with butter while it's still hot (my family of five could totally eat half a loaf at dinner if it's hot!)

Food chemistry isn't my thing so I go for simple recipes, but if you have ideas on mixing it up I'd really welcome that.  Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ginsou Explorer

I've just about given up making bread from scratch....since there are just 2 of us it is easier to buy it....I like Rudi's multi-grain and purchase it when on sale or when I have a coupon.

I do have 2 bread machines, and since I have some Namaste perfect flour blend on hand, will give this a try after the holidays. I made the mom's molasses bar recipe on the package of Namaste and they came out perfect, very tasty. I live at 4,000 ft. altitude and baking bread is a bit of a challenge.

Rather than try to modify your recipe, perhaps you may consider purchasing Annalise Roberts book, Gluten-Free Baking Classics for the Bread Machine. She has several Artisan bread type recipes using oatmeal, teff flour,sesame seeds, flax seed, sunflower seeds, etc.

I have not used any of these recipes, but with the cold weather coming, just may bring out the bread machine and give it a try.

africanqueen99 Contributor

Thanks! I'll check it out!

Archived