No replies to this topic

#1 blmoreschi

blmoreschi

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

I just want to share my enthusiasm about a new book called Gluten Free On A Shoestring Bakes Bread. The recipes are wonderful and the dough is like REAL dough!! It was so thrilling to me to have company for dinner today and share bread that no one would ever know was gluten-free (except, of course, I have to open my big mouth because I'm so proud of my loaf!!).

I had to invest in some "different" ingredients to start making recipes from this book, like Whey Protein Isolate and Expandex Modified Tapioca Starch. But it's worth it. I'm not sure "on a shoestring" is an apt description for the bread - but to have the taste and texture of real bread is a treat for us all since our house is gluten-free in support of our 11 year old Celiac daughter.

I also like all of the other recipes shared by the author, Nicole Hunn, on her blog - Gluten Free on a Shoestring. I made her peanut blossom cookies and my dad said they were the best he's ever had.

If you like to bake or just want to eat delicious bread again, I highly recommend this book. The author has been very available on her blog and on Facebook to answer questions.

Happy Baking!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: