Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

L'occitane?

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if their products are gluten free? My boyfriend got me hand lotion from their store for Christmas. I'd hate to hurt his feelings if I couldn't use it but I've gotta check.

Thanks!

Ads by Google:

Are there any ingredients listed on the package? Do you see wheat germ oil there or hydrolyzed wheat protein? If not, it's probably not a problem.

With cosmetics, the only thing I ever really concern myself with is lipstick. I know others take extra measures and that's fine, too. :)  I have even used shampoo with hydrolyzed wheat protein in it.

But, I do not have a contact wheat allergy in addition to celiac, so that kind of thing is not a problem for me.

There's nothing in the ingredients that say wheat, barley or oats. I don't have any skin problems if I am in contact with gluten but I worry about questionable lotion if I put it on and then eat something with my hands and forget about it.

It's funny, but I got some Lancome lotion for a gift and as I was reading the label, I was thinking about your post and wondered what you decided to do.

From all the research I have ever read, even if there were a minute amount of hydrolyzed wheat in a lotion or a lipstick, it would take tubes of it to be concentrated enough to produce a problem.

http://www.glutenfreedietitian.com/newsletter/personal-care-products-do-you-need-to-worry-about-gluten-update/

But if you are worried, maybe you could just use the lotion on your legs, feet,arms, back etc. 

Sorry for the long amounts of time in between my posts - I've been away for Christmas and have been ignoring my phone and computer. Bliss!  :D

Anyway, thanks for that article. I generally don't worry too much about perfume and makeup other than lip stick, and I always wash my hands thoroughly after applying my make up (I'm pretty sure that 95% of it is gluten free anyway). I may end up using the lotion at night since I always wash my hands in the morning. Good compromise  :)

Sorry for the long amounts of time in between my posts - I've been away for Christmas and have been ignoring my phone and computer. Bliss!  :D

that IS bliss ! LOL

Happy New Year!