#121 icelandgirl

icelandgirl

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:36 PM

Icelandgirl,

It will get better, I promise! I remember hitting a point about 2 years ago when I seriously wished that I would never have to eat anything again because I felt like I was getting sick from everything. Your kids will be okay. None of my kids seem to even remember that I was in such a bad place a few years ago.

As for bread, have you ever come across socca bread?

Jess

Thanks so much for the encouragement Jess...I appreciate it.  Also want to say that I really enjoy your blog.  :)

I've become afraid of food.  I hate that.  I've always enjoyed cooking and baking and eating it.  Now, I feel myself just not wanting to eat...what else will bother me?  I did dairy and soy free for 2 weeks and no change.  Added back in a little dairy, no change.  I've done low histamine for a little over a week...I don't know if it's helping or not.  I miss strawberries and bananas.  I feel like there's only a few safe things to eat and I'm hungry, but afraid to eat.  This is so psychological!

You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice.
Bob Marley

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#122 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:04 PM

Thanks so much for the encouragement Jess...I appreciate it.  Also want to say that I really enjoy your blog.  :)

I've become afraid of food.  I hate that.  I've always enjoyed cooking and baking and eating it.  Now, I feel myself just not wanting to eat...what else will bother me?  I did dairy and soy free for 2 weeks and no change.  Added back in a little dairy, no change.  I've done low histamine for a little over a week...I don't know if it's helping or not.  I miss strawberries and bananas.  I feel like there's only a few safe things to eat and I'm hungry, but afraid to eat.  This is so psychological!

Try not to fear food. I know it's tough when you feel crappy and can't pinpoint what is causing it. If you aren't sure with the removal of histamines ...give it a bit longer. If you aren't improving at all then it may be some other food group or environmental factor or stress..etc.

Do something just for you every day...even if it is for a short time.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#123 icelandgirl

icelandgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:35 AM

Try not to fear food. I know it's tough when you feel crappy and can't pinpoint what is causing it. If you aren't sure with the removal of histamines ...give it a bit longer. If you aren't improving at all then it may be some other food group or environmental factor or stress..etc.
Do something just for you every day...even if it is for a short time.

I hear you, Lisa, I do. I just can't figure it out. I'm hungry a lot of the time and I look at food and just don't know. This is taking a huge toll on me mentally. I am trying to do something for me each day...but even when I do I have a hard time not thinking about all of this. On the bright side I had a good appointment with my allergist this week...wrote about it in the Hashi's thread...and that was helpful.

What can you always eat safely...without issues?
Bob Marley

#124 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

I hear you, Lisa, I do. I just can't figure it out. I'm hungry a lot of the time and I look at food and just don't know. This is taking a huge toll on me mentally. I am trying to do something for me each day...but even when I do I have a hard time not thinking about all of this. On the bright side I had a good appointment with my allergist this week...wrote about it in the Hashi's thread...and that was helpful.

What can you always eat safely...without issues?

Glad you had a good appointment...those really can help to lift spirits.

My safest foods are chicken and all green veggies except peppers.  I currently eat all meats, only fresh caught fish (hubs likes to fish - worked out well when we learned the hista nonsense), most veggies except those with high histamine or nightshades, a small amount of rice or one slice of gluten-free bread...can't do the ones with soy...per day, lots of almonds in all forms, coconut oil, salt and black pepper (recently found out black pepper was HH, but have not removed it or my red wine.  the strange thing is i can drink red wine without issue which is crazy but i try not to question it.  coffee, nettle tea, red wine and lots of water are my beverages.  oh and recently got small quantity of egg...not sure if its because i switched to a fresh source and can eat two a day and also no problem in baked goods...i make a breadlike substance with apples, coconut and almond flours, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon...kinda tastes like an apple cinnamon muffin -- emphasis on the "kind of" ;)

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#125 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:24 AM

doh...forgot fruit...most fruits that aren't on the HH list

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#126 icelandgirl

icelandgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:46 PM

Glad you had a good appointment...those really can help to lift spirits.

My safest foods are chicken and all green veggies except peppers. I currently eat all meats, only fresh caught fish (hubs likes to fish - worked out well when we learned the hista nonsense), most veggies except those with high histamine or nightshades, a small amount of rice or one slice of gluten-free bread...can't do the ones with soy...per day, lots of almonds in all forms, coconut oil, salt and black pepper (recently found out black pepper was HH, but have not removed it or my red wine. the strange thing is i can drink red wine without issue which is crazy but i try not to question it. coffee, nettle tea, red wine and lots of water are my beverages. oh and recently got small quantity of egg...not sure if its because i switched to a fresh source and can eat two a day and also no problem in baked goods...i make a breadlike substance with apples, coconut and almond flours, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon...kinda tastes like an apple cinnamon muffin -- emphasis on the "kind of" ;)

That's funny...my husband was just saying that he needs to become a better fisherman to feed me. He doesn't get much time to between work, the kids and coaching soccer...but I would welcome some fresh fish!

Your bread like substance sounds good to me...but then again I'm hungry. Lol! Would you be willing to share the recipe when you have time?

Thanks
Bob Marley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: