Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Nuts Causing Constipation?

3 posts in this topic

Hello! I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. But long before that I had most celiac symptoms and my diet at that time consisted mostly of wheat-based foods. I tried the gluten-free diet to very good results, but I had problems with almonds and popcorn. Unlike what everyone says they caused me some serious constipation for a week and I also had burning face/head/ears/neck (toxins?) while having cold hands. I felt like fainting and got anxious/nervous easily. I stopped eating almonds and popcorn altohether and got better. Fast forward to the last week when I ate some wallnuts and I got constipation again and I know the nuts are to blame as I have the same itch down there after going to the toilet (which is very hard and the first day I reacted was almost impossible). So here are my symptioms after eating nuts and popcorn:

- constipation

- almost impossible for me to defecate

- head pain/dizzyness

- hot flashes in face/head/neck

- racing heart

- belly pain and feeling like puking

- anxiety/nervousness

Please tell me, should I give up nuts as well as gluten? I hope its not toxic poisoning or something. I am going to do a 3-day detox and the candida diet. Is there anyone else here that had similar symptoms? It's like nuts block/stop my digestion. Yet every website out there says they actually help constipation.

Ads by Google:

If you are allergic to them, or have an intolerance to nuts (based on your observation), do not eat them. I can not eat tree nuts. Usually milk invokes theses symptoms for me except for hot flashes -- those are from low estrogen levels.

Oh, every website will tell you that wheat is good for constipation, but if you have celiac disease or an intolerance to it, it will make you sick!