This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Celiac In Small Town Arkansas

RaccoonMomma

RaccoonMomma Newbie

Hi There My name is Nicole and I live in a very small town in Arkansas. I was diagnosed in May of 2011. It has been a struggle ever since. I am wanting to know if there is anyone in Arkansas? I think it might be nice to have a friend dealing with the same condition as I am. 

I also want to know of any online support groups for myself and one for my husband it has been very hard on the family. I live in a house with 16 people and i am the only one with this and i am far from being respected so just making a simple meal it is a huge task. Most of the time i end up being contaminated. So i think some kinda of support group might help my family stop making jokes and show respect. 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

luvs2eat Collaborator

Hi RaccoonMama! I'm in very rural Arkansas too... not far from Mountain Home. Where are you? I'm the only celiac in our house, but there are only 2 of us... so cross contamination isn't much of an issue. The hard part, for me, is that it's slim pickings for gluten-free food available in stores. I can usually find Udi's bread and Tinkyada pasta, but they're pricey! I order pasta, bread mixes, and baking flour online which saves a tiny bit of $$.

Welcome! This place is THE place to be for information and support. Whatever question you have... peeps here have been there and done it and will have an answer or a suggestion.

GF Lover Rising Star

Hi Racoon and Welcome to the Forum.

Here is a link to the Celiac.com's on-line Sport Group with Live Chat Meetings.

Here is the Newbie 101 link.  https://www.celiac.com/forums/topic/91878-newbie-info-101/

Ask anything you want.

Colleen

RaccoonMomma Newbie

I myself live in Mountain Home, I love living here! Just sad that I dont Know anyone with celiac. But Living in a small town my Mother who also is a celiac was worried about not being able to shop. I am not a meat eater so i am a pasta lover and i was VERY happy to have found Gluten-free noodles at Wal-Mart Made by Hartland. Just wish to have more friends with celiacs so that i can have someone to talk to and help me understand. I was diagnosed in may of 2011 and just in the past year was able to give up what has been hurting me and eat right but i am still learning. I need someone to help me and my family understand more in depth. Just in the past week have i learned that i have to change my hair and body care products so my body rashes can clear up. I was unknowingly using products with gluten in them.

Archived