3 replies to this topic

#1 MommyOfTwinkies<3

MommyOfTwinkies<3

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:48 PM

Are sonic drinks & slushes gluten free & safe for kids with celiac to drink?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,121 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

Did you look on line? I think sonic has a list of allergens. I would think slushes would be safer than shakes as they mix cookies into some of the shakes and the mixers probably aren't thoroughly cleaned between shakes.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 LauraTX

LauraTX

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:30 AM

Last time I checked all their drinks are gluten-free, but if you order a shake in a plain flavor (not one with cookies in it) ask them to clean the stirry thing.   

Found this very easily with a google search, and also by going to their website.  http://sonicwww.s3.a...ergen_Table.pdf

It puts all the slush drinks into the blended drinks category which says they may be CC'd.  Probably by whatever they mix it with.  I would order it and just say "I have an allergy, can you use a clean plastic spoon to mix it?"  And that should be fine. Creamslushes are blended like a milkshake so I wouldn't order those if they are busy, and ask them to clean the stirry thingy.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 Rissa019

Rissa019

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

Are sonic drinks & slushes gluten free & safe for kids with celiac to drink?

All slushes are gluten free, as well as Route 44 drinks of all flavors. The ice cream is gluten free, as well as shakes. However, malts are not.. so make sure that if you order a shake, they clean the containers before making it to avoid cross-contamination. If you have a smart phone, get the free app "Gluten free fast food" and select Sonic. This app has helped me tremendously!! It lists every kind of gluten-free food at most popular fast food chains!

- Recovering from a gluten-damaged belly

Philippians 4:13. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: