3 replies to this topic

#1 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:35 PM

Was wondering what everyone thought, I have read alot how people swear some alcohol still affects them and swear about they cannot drink it even tho it is gluten-free, grain free and stuff, Was just wondering if this site is worth reading into about the subject. It does sound like alot of people are having a problem. 

http://www.allergycl.../guides/54.html

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:51 PM

That is a pretty interesting read, thanks for posting.  I am allergic to sulfa drugs, and brie cheese and white wine will cause my throat to swell.  And I love brie, I eat like the whole thing.  Which was the problem, can only handle it in small amounts. I have only drunk a lot of white wine on one occasion, I am not a big drinker.  So haven't tested that one much.  In fact, since I have been diagnosed celiac and gluten-free, I have only on one occasion had like a half glass of wine.  Haha.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,546 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:17 AM

As I also have mass cell activation and a histamine intolerance, I have symptoms after drinking red wine,  champagne, (which I LOVE)

or gluten-free beer and too many high histamine foods like that. I also cannot tolerate MSG, additives, nitrates and various chemicals in foods (and damn it because I LOVE bacon, salami, aged cheeses, marinated olives, etc...) <_<  sigh. ah well.

But I can drink plain old vodka, tequila or any alcohol besides the "no-no" ones.... so..... Yaay!.

I always focus on the "I can haves". :D

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:22 AM

Can haves is good!! :) Lol ... Oh yea I got sick on Bacon last weekend. Not sure why it didn't have anything bad in it that I read anyway! Pfftt. Ok well to me the site did explain alot. 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: