Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Found This Site On Alcohol

4 posts in this topic

Was wondering what everyone thought, I have read alot how people swear some alcohol still affects them and swear about they cannot drink it even tho it is gluten-free, grain free and stuff, Was just wondering if this site is worth reading into about the subject. It does sound like alot of people are having a problem. 

http://www.allergyclinic.co.nz/guides/54.html

Ads by Google:

That is a pretty interesting read, thanks for posting.  I am allergic to sulfa drugs, and brie cheese and white wine will cause my throat to swell.  And I love brie, I eat like the whole thing.  Which was the problem, can only handle it in small amounts. I have only drunk a lot of white wine on one occasion, I am not a big drinker.  So haven't tested that one much.  In fact, since I have been diagnosed celiac and gluten-free, I have only on one occasion had like a half glass of wine.  Haha.

As I also have mass cell activation and a histamine intolerance, I have symptoms after drinking red wine,  champagne, (which I LOVE)

or gluten-free beer and too many high histamine foods like that. I also cannot tolerate MSG, additives, nitrates and various chemicals in foods (and damn it because I LOVE bacon, salami, aged cheeses, marinated olives, etc...) <_<  sigh. ah well.

But I can drink plain old vodka, tequila or any alcohol besides the "no-no" ones.... so..... Yaay!.

I always focus on the "I can haves". :D

Can haves is good!! :) Lol ... Oh yea I got sick on Bacon last weekend. Not sure why it didn't have anything bad in it that I read anyway! Pfftt. Ok well to me the site did explain alot.