3 replies to this topic

#1 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,234 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:00 AM

People around here are dropping like flies with the flu.  Figured I should get some cold type meds before I need them as it can be a hassle to check gluten-free status.

Target's brand - Up and Up - has some things labelled gluten-free.  The cough drops even said "certified gluten-free" with the gluten-free in the circle symbol. I found Cold meds that said gluten-free on the box.  Looked at some kids meds and they said gluten-free, too.

The ibuprophen said gluten-free on some boxes.  Not all sizes - the 24 count and 100 count said gluten-free - the 200 count didn't.  Not sure why.  Might just be that they had a lot of the actual boxes purchased and are just using up the old cardboard.   I like the small boxes because certain tall people  grab them and put them in back packs, never to be seen again.  This way we only lose a few at a time.  And they only cost about $1.10 a box.  

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

I love Target for buying generic meds! No one else is as awesome at labeling. When I don't go there, I end up spending an hour in a drugstore calling the number on the back of every box I pick up just to buy some ibuprofen or something. <_< My favorite cold/flu medicine though is the only brand name I ever buy, Vicks Nature Fusion... maybe I should check Target for a generic of that because it costs a fortune!

Also, people here are dying too. A not particularly old dance teacher at the local university died this week, and obviously a dance teacher is someone in good physical shape. In TX someone one of my BILs works with died. It's gotten to the point that it's scary, even though we both get our flu shots. :ph34r: The flu is supposed to make you wish you were dead for a week, not actually kill you. :unsure:

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#3 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,234 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:27 AM

I love Target for buying generic meds! No one else is as awesome at labeling. When I don't go there, I end up spending an hour in a drugstore calling the number on the back of every box I pick up just to buy some ibuprofen or something. <_< My favorite cold/flu medicine though is the only brand name I ever buy, Vicks Nature Fusion... maybe I should check Target for a generic of that because it costs a fortune!

Also, people here are dying too. A not particularly old dance teacher at the local university died this week, and obviously a dance teacher is someone in good physical shape. In TX someone one of my BILs works with died. It's gotten to the point that it's scary, even though we both get our flu shots. :ph34r: The flu is supposed to make you wish you were dead for a week, not actually kill you. :unsure:

The Nature Fusions are supposed to be gluten-free and dye free and artificial flavor free.  I just couldn't find it at the two places I looked.  Where do you get it?

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#4 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

I usually get it at Wal-Mart. I've also seen it at Rite-Aid but they charge approximately an entire extra limb for it.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: