4 replies to this topic

#1 lauradawn

lauradawn

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 01:33 PM

I am going to Denton Tx for a week soon, and was wondering what restaurants might be in the area for meals. Anyone have suggestions??

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 LisaP

LisaP

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 07:36 PM

Well a Big Texas welcome to ya! I live in Rockwall....a growing town just East of Dallas.

Denton will have the usual Outback Steakhouse, Wendy's, and other reasonable chains so you will do fine.

I do not go to Denton often but if you are going to be in Texas find you a good Steakhouse. I have had great experiences and Texas is know for good beef.

If you come as far down as Frisco, Kangaroo Court was very receptive when I was at Stonebriar Mall and I had a fantastic steak and steamed brocolli there. Yummy!

Have a good time and enjoy a good steak. ;)
Lisa

#3 KayJay

KayJay

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 05:00 PM

That is where I live :D Although I must admit that I just moved to Denton and I and new at eating gluten-free. I have gone to the OUtback and they do have a gluten-free menu if you ask and it was great! Also I have eaten at a place called Bistro cafe or something like that they have some unique salads and I had success eating them. Be sure to let them know what you can and can't have. It is a small place so they make sure you get what you want. I went with my in-laws and husband and they all loved their food.

It is off I-35E and L00P 288
Go south on Loop 288 and it is in the Albertson's shopping center. I think it is called Bistro something (sorry I am not sure) There is also a Chilis in the same parking lot, although I haven't eaten there I hear they have gluten-free foods also.
That is only about a mile from where my house is :D

I hope you enjoy your stay in Denton Texas!!!
Kayla
gluten-free since 2004!

#4 lauradawn

lauradawn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 07:18 PM

Thank you very much! As much help as I can get. My family will be with me, and they will be eating whatever, and I just want things to be simple if I can.

#5 KayJay

KayJay

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 08:32 PM

Laura, I am not sure if you are famililar with the area but Denton is close to Fort Worth and Dallas and everything in between. Almost any restaurant you can think of is around here. I am sure you and your family will find plenty of good choices.
enjoy your visit,
kayla
gluten-free since 2004!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: