Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

• Announcements

• Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Store. For Additional Information: Subscribe to: Journal of Gluten Sensitivity

Bowl Of Lettuce, Anyone? (Sort Of A Rant)

2 posts in this topic

I need to vent - its nothing huge but I need to.

Honestly - having food related issues/illnesses can really get me steamed. I'm in the painfully long process of figuring out what my intolerance's are but I am about 95% sure quinoa is one of them. 68% gluten. Still testing the water, I had a quinoa pasta dish - made at home, last night. Hadn't had any other gluten related food in the last few days. Was feeling like a million bucks yesterday and today I am sick. So … as per usual, I just don't eat when I'm like this. I drink water. Sometimes I'll juice something. After a whole day of this non-sense I get angry, irritable, starving!

So the sigother orders from this Mediterranean spot down the street. He's gorging himself on a lasagna and decadent looking pita bread next to me. I was perfectly content with my order… at least till I opened it and realized I spent $9 on a head of lettuce. Seriously! What kind of atrocious restaurant manager believes this is an OK thing to do to their customers?! I ordered a salad that was supposed to have avocado, cucumber, tomato, basil, and romaine. I live in California where you can get an avocado for $.75 to a full dollar. You can buy two tomatoes for a dollar. A giant cucumber is a dollar. And basil is a plenty. These people put $.50 of each ingredient in the salad… so I spent $9 for MAYBE $2 of veggies. 

It took me literally a minute to eat the avocado and tomato in the salad. I have a football helmet's worth of romaine. Great. And to make matters worse, I'm not smart. I got tzatziki and tahini confused and ordered a bowl of milky yogurt when I was expecting a lovely sesame seed paste. Awesome. Upset stomach. Haven't eaten in over 12 hours. A bowl of lettuce and milk. Meanwhile the hubby's enjoying a delicious lasagna. 

So mad and hungry. Really dumb. >=|