arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Bowl Of Lettuce, Anyone? (Sort Of A Rant)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Starving Amy

Starving Amy

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

I need to vent - its nothing huge but I need to.

Honestly - having food related issues/illnesses can really get me steamed. I'm in the painfully long process of figuring out what my intolerance's are but I am about 95% sure quinoa is one of them. 68% gluten. Still testing the water, I had a quinoa pasta dish - made at home, last night. Hadn't had any other gluten related food in the last few days. Was feeling like a million bucks yesterday and today I am sick. So … as per usual, I just don't eat when I'm like this. I drink water. Sometimes I'll juice something. After a whole day of this non-sense I get angry, irritable, starving!

So the sigother orders from this Mediterranean spot down the street. He's gorging himself on a lasagna and decadent looking pita bread next to me. I was perfectly content with my order… at least till I opened it and realized I spent $9 on a head of lettuce. Seriously! What kind of atrocious restaurant manager believes this is an OK thing to do to their customers?! I ordered a salad that was supposed to have avocado, cucumber, tomato, basil, and romaine. I live in California where you can get an avocado for $.75 to a full dollar. You can buy two tomatoes for a dollar. A giant cucumber is a dollar. And basil is a plenty. These people put $.50 of each ingredient in the salad… so I spent $9 for MAYBE $2 of veggies. 

It took me literally a minute to eat the avocado and tomato in the salad. I have a football helmet's worth of romaine. Great. And to make matters worse, I'm not smart. I got tzatziki and tahini confused and ordered a bowl of milky yogurt when I was expecting a lovely sesame seed paste. Awesome. Upset stomach. Haven't eaten in over 12 hours. A bowl of lettuce and milk. Meanwhile the hubby's enjoying a delicious lasagna. 

So mad and hungry. Really dumb. >=|

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

I'm sorry. :(

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

0 user(s) are reading this topic