2 replies to this topic

#1 sweetsailing

sweetsailing

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:22 AM

For anyone out there in the Twin Cities, Minnesota area, I just took my DD to see a physician at MN Gastroenterology - Dr Lisko.  He was amazing!  Spent an hour talking with us and kept repeatedly telling us, he had all the time in the world.  He specializes in Celiac disease.  Based on her symptoms and suspicion of celiac disease - she is already scheduled for an endoscopy day after tomorrow. 

I thought I would provide another resource for those in this area.

Diagnosed Oct 2013 - Double DQ 2 (2.5 and 2.2)

Gluten Free Since April 2013, June 2013, and finally strictly gluten free since Oct 14th 2013 (Ok, it took a few tries to finally realize gluten was my issue)

Mustard Allergy

Osteopenia

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shelly40

shelly40

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:26 AM

For anyone out there in the Twin Cities, Minnesota area, I just took my DD to see a physician at MN Gastroenterology - Dr Lisko.  He was amazing!  Spent an hour talking with us and kept repeatedly telling us, he had all the time in the world.  He specializes in Celiac disease.  Based on her symptoms and suspicion of celiac disease - she is already scheduled for an endoscopy day after tomorrow. 

I thought I would provide another resource for those in this area.

Is this a pediatric gastro?  I live in an area of MN where there is not a pediatric gastroenterologist.  We would need to travel to the Twin Cites to see one. 

#3 sweetsailing

sweetsailing

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

He is not a pediatric gastro, he sees adults.  DD is now 22.  Sorry :(

Diagnosed Oct 2013 - Double DQ 2 (2.5 and 2.2)

Gluten Free Since April 2013, June 2013, and finally strictly gluten free since Oct 14th 2013 (Ok, it took a few tries to finally realize gluten was my issue)

Mustard Allergy

Osteopenia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: