This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Loaded Question. Helpfull Replies Only Please

Patt

Patt Explorer

Ok so here goes. Im not even sure if I should be posting since I am feeling rather sad due to contamination

I have several questions and have also posted to other boards to break this down

I went gluten free last spring (its January now).

the brain fog/depression cleared completely.

I feel smart, alive and I have so much energy I had to start running (anywhere from 5-8k) to let it out. Due to the running/exercise I dont have back problems anymore, I have strenghthened my core. I have lost 35lbs through not substituting (eliminating most carbs) and running, taking care of myself

I started noticing things since I can think clearly now. I was unhappy in my marriage so I have separated.

I feel like I know what I want in life now

I joke around and call this my midlife crisis (i am 29 but hey what if I only live to be 60? it happens alot, car accidents, cancer what not)

so Im 29, did not have the luxury of a childhood so now I feel this urgent need to do all that stuff like go to the club (tried the club, didnt like it. Not doing that agian),

find a few guys, get a small cute tattoo,

I have webbed toes so I had them pierced. I always wanted to do that. Its pretty cute actually

(this cant all be glutens fault right?)

I feel like im gonna explode if I dont have fun. I feel robbed because I never had the opertunity to do these things I was supposed to do as a teenager (dont get me wrong I am being responsible about it :)

I just worry because I look at miley cyrus and I see that she was a good kid until she went gluten free? you can attribute her insanity to many things, being a celeb, teen crazies, whatever but I just feel like I see a pattern and it worries me

Surely I cannot blame gluten for all that has happened right?

I have no desire to be married but I know that if I never switched diets id still be there, oblivious to my need for attention/affection, thinking this is the happiest ill ever be.

Is this completely off? am I overthinking this? Am I going off the deep end? this is so completely oposite of pre-gluten me!

maybe it will tapper off after a few months? (its been ~9 months since I ditched gluten)

The truth is I am completely happy (like for real) even through the process of being (recently) separated. Tottaly happy! until I get contaminated.....I cant even shower today, dishes are piling up, Ugh! I feel like I cant trust my thoughts when this happens. I feel like I shouldnt talk to anyone because I will scared ppl away from me (as of now I do not have true Friends that would understand my condition)

like what?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

I hesitate to post, because I'm not sure if this meets the " helpful" criteria. :)

Depression/ anxiety are often part of Celiac disease. Eliminating gluten can make if go away for some people.

Also, with a healed gut, you are able to absorb the nutrients in your food. Maybe you were a bit anemic or b12 deficient before and now you aren't. That can lead to a big energy surge.

Patt Explorer

I hesitate to post, because I'm not sure if this meets the " helpful" criteria. :)

Depression/ anxiety are often part of Celiac disease. Eliminating gluten can make if go away for some people.

Also, with a healed gut, you are able to absorb the nutrients in your food. Maybe you were a bit anemic or b12 deficient before and now you aren't. That can lead to a big energy surge.

Yeah I dont know why I put Helpful replies only. this place is usually accurate as far as being helpfull. if I could edit that out I would

Adalaide Mentor

I'm wondering at what age you got married, or why you are saying you never got a childhood. Not that it's any of my business. At any rate, it is "normal" for people to have a point at which something triggers a breaking point for them and they choose to experience everything they feel they missed. It has absolutely nothing to do with gluten.

Patt Explorer

rough upbringing, married at 21

I was a good girl, never did anything. didnt have a boyfriend. i didnt even leave the house until I went to college. then I married

seems like i wasted my teen years

Adalaide Mentor

You probably just snapped finally. It happens. I know, it happened to me, which is why I can say with surety that it has nothing to do with gluten. I was still undiagnosed back then, but it is obvious to me now that my symptoms began when I was very small. You did what you were supposed to, what was expected of you, the right thing, and finally one day it's like you wake up and realize that the last whatever space of time has been a complete and utter lie, it isn't you, and you want to fix it. You can't undo it, and maybe you aren't entirely sure who you are because you've never been allowed to completely be you, but you can find out by changing things. Then you suddenly realize you can have back the part of your adult youth that you never had. So you do.

It's that whole thing teenagers go through in the process of discovering who they are, etc. We're just late bloomers, which also has the perk of wine. ;)

Patt Explorer

You probably just snapped finally. It happens. I know, it happened to me, which is why I can say with surety that it has nothing to do with gluten. I was still undiagnosed back then, but it is obvious to me now that my symptoms began when I was very small. You did what you were supposed to, what was expected of you, the right thing, and finally one day it's like you wake up and realize that the last whatever space of time has been a complete and utter lie, it isn't you, and you want to fix it. You can't undo it, and maybe you aren't entirely sure who you are because you've never been allowed to completely be you, but you can find out by changing things. Then you suddenly realize you can have back the part of your adult youth that you never had. So you do.

It's that whole thing teenagers go through in the process of discovering who they are, etc. We're just late bloomers, which also has the perk of wine. ;)

Yeah I figured so much I just questionned the timing. its defenetly a 180 degree turn and its kinda scary sometimes considering. and yes i deninetly snapped. ive had enough

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

1desperateladysaved Proficient

Sounds like you are discovering the world.  I did enough of that and I found it empty.  Trying thing after thing and on to the next thing, because nothing truly satisfies.   I fear you may be making choices outside of your good sense, or outside of what you have always believed.  In my mind you need to be leery of doing all your heart tells you.    I hope you find true long lasting happiness!

D

Archived