This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Good Fall Pumpkin Recipes

jenvan

jenvan Collaborator

Anyone have any good fall or pumpkin recipes--pumpkins cookies, pumpkin soup... etc. I'd love to see a few of them. I want to do some "fall" things before its over :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jnkmnky Collaborator

We got the little baking pumpkins last week. Cut the top off, clean out. Pour in a mixture of maple syrup, butter, cinnamon. *actually, any ingredients you like..you could do a pumpkin pie spice like allspice. You could skip the maple syrup and add something else you like. ANYWAY... add your mixture to the pumpkin. Replace the lid. Put on cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes. Remove. Let cool for 10 minutes. Serve the entire pumpkin! It was so fun for kids to do. They scooped out the pumpkin with a spoon... didn't like it, but it was fun to do. I liked it. I ate one.

Bette Explorer

High-Protein Torte

Okay I must admit since it has pumpkin in this, you would think of it as more seasonal, but I like this so much I make it year round. It is a recipe that I had and was making long before going gluten free, just because it is high fiber and high protein. Who new something that taste so gooood, could be good for you too!

1 19-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed (or 2 cups cooked)

4 eggs (or I cup egg subsitute)

1 15-ounce can pumpkin

1 cup Slpenda(I am not a fan of splenda so I just use 1 cup sugar

2 TBS maple syrup

1/2 tsp baking powder

2 tsps pumpkin pie spice

6 ounces whipped cream cheese

2 cups powdered sugar

1 11-ounce can mandarin oranges, drained

1/4 cup walnut halves

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a blender or food processor, combine chickpeas and eggs until smooth. Add pumpkin, sugar, syrup, baking powder and spice;process again until smooth.

Spray a round cake pan with oil. Fill with batter. Bake until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 60 minutes. Cool (Be sure the cake is completely cool before removing from the it from the pan, because it is very soft-like cheesecake)

Combine whipped cream cheese and powdered sugar . Spread over top and sides of cake. Decorate with mandarin oranges and walnuts. Serves 8 :P

tarnalberry Community Regular

Pumpkin Butter - take canned pumpkin, add pie spices & vanilla (and brown sugar to taste, if you want), and simmer down (use a splatter guard!) 'til it's as thick as you want, stirring often.

wheatlessAK Rookie

Hi everyone this is my first post so I hope I do it right :) One of the ladies I work with found this recipe I haven't tried it yet but it sounds yummy. She found it posted at healthdiscovery.net

Crustless Pumpkin Pie

Ingredients:

1 can pumpkin (15 oz)

1 can evaporated skim milk (12 oz)

3/4 cup egg substitute (or 3 egg whites)

1/2 tsp salt

3 tsp pumpkin pie spice

1 tsp vanilla

2/3 C. Splenda (or sugar) or to taste

Instructions:

Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth.

Pour into a 9" sprayed pie pan

Bake at 400 for 15 minutes, and then at 325 for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Claire Collaborator
Pumpkin Butter - take canned pumpkin, add pie spices & vanilla (and brown sugar to taste, if you want), and simmer down (use a splatter guard!) 'til it's as thick as you want, stirring often.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd like to be a fly on the wall in your kitchen. You sure come up with great sounding things. How about posting at least one or two recipes every week. I am sure everyone would appreciatel Claire

jenvan Collaborator

thanks for the recipes ya'll! going to try some this week!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

I'd like to be a fly on the wall in your kitchen. You sure come up with great sounding things. How about posting at least one or two recipes every week. I am sure everyone would appreciatel  Claire

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol! Thanks. I put my recipes in the "As Promised, A Few Recipes" post in the recipes section when I have new ones, which depends entirely on my work schedule and how busy I am. :-) I usually have two spurts in recipes - one during the holidays (Thanksgiving to Christmas) and one in the middle of the summer. Perhaps with my new kitchen (we just moved), I'll have more! :-)

jenvan Collaborator

Tiffany--

do you have a bigger kitchen now? i can't wait till i have a kitchen large enough that i can touch all the countertops with my body at once... :)

Tiffany--

do you have a bigger kitchen now?  i can't wait till i have a kitchen large enough that i can touch all the countertops with my body at once...  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol! a much bigger kitchen! we moved from a two bedroom apartment to a four bedroom house, with a large kitchen plus an island, and a skylight. it's condusive to making me cook :-) , but the 4:50pm sunsets are not. :-( it's been a busy month moving out of state, buying a house, and changing jobs! :-)

Lisa Mentor

I got a response from Libby's Pumpkin Pie Mix and they indicated that it is totally gluten free. It is a Nestle product. So...on to the crustless pumkin pie with cinnamom whipped cream. ;)

Noelle126 Apprentice

This thread makes me hungry!!

Kim Explorer

There's a great recipe for Pumpkin Pan Bars and for Pumpkin Pancakes on our website: www.123glutenfree.com

Kim.

armoorefam Newbie

Pumpkin Coffe Cake

2 cups non-gluten flour (we use milled rice)

2 cups sugar

2 tsp baking soda

2 tsp ground cinnamon

1 tsp ground nutmeg

1/2 tsp salt

4 eggs

1 can solid-pack pumpkin

1 cup butter (melted)

Basically just mix it and pour it in a greased 13X9X2 glass baking dish. Bake until a knife inserted in the midle comes out clean. It is best if you catch it just as it finishes baking - the aroma and flavors are wonderful!

jenvan Collaborator

armoorefan-

Is that one of the regular size cans or oversize? (can't recall exact ounces now)

armoorefam Newbie

It is the typical 15 oz can - would make one 9" pumpkin pie.

I have ben thinking about trying pumpkin in a regular bread recipe as it seems to make for a really nice texture improvement. It would be exciting to see if it could make for a genuinely useable sandwich bread or hamburger bun. That may be a bit weird, but since it is so hard to get good bread, it is worth a try. Lots of vitamin A too. I will try to post back on the results.

Archived