This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Muffin Tin Breakfast Quiches?

Nikki2777

Nikki2777 Community Regular

Hi - Breakfast is my biggest challenge.  I really miss a quick egg sandwich that I can grab at the deli and eat at my office.  I'm wondering if anyone can recommend any good make ahead type egg breakfasts that I can pop in my bag (in a container, of course) and microwave at work.  I remember some sort of crustless quiche thing that I made on the South Beach Diet many moons ago, but they took a ton of prep.

I like eggs,cheese,tomatoes,broccoli, turkey bacon - pretty much anything you might use other than mushrooms and peppers.

Other recommendations also welcome.

thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cyclinglady Grand Master

No quiche recipe, but I just sent my husband off with a ham and egg sandwich in hand. Takes about five minutes to prepare. I take a variety of porridges to go cooked in a mini crockpot overnight or on the stove which takes less than 10 minutes. At work, I used to nuke sweet potatoes or butternut squash with cinnamon etc. and have a defrosted chicken breast eaten right out of the bag, like hash browns at Mc D's. Fruit to go is easy too.

kareng Grand Master

I make this and then freeze them. They take a minute or two to warm up in the microwave. They travel well. Substitute sweet potato or more veg less meat. You can scramble eggs and cook in a muffin tin and then freeze them, too. I have a microwave scrambled egg thing that is quick and much easier to clean up than a pan, too.

Hand Held Hashbrown Casseroles

Submitted By: Bob Evans® Prep Time: 10 Minutes Ready In: 40 Minutes

Cook Time: 30 Minutes Servings: 24

"Perfect for a grab-and-go breakfast, these casseroles are filled with Bob Evans® Original Sausage and Hash Brown Potatoes."

Ingredients:

1 pound Bob Evans® Original Sausage

– cooked and crumbled

1 (20 ounce) package Bob Evans®

Hash Brown Potatoes

4 eggs

1/2 cup milk

3 tablespoons melted butter

1 cup cubed ham

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1/2 cup diced bell peppers

1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a twelve cup muffin tin. In a bowl whisk together eggs and milk. Add all remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 27-30 minutes or until a toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Add an extra egg, delete ham & butter, add 1/2 more peppers, use Italian turkey sausage

kareng Grand Master

You can get these at target and other places. My son puts some cheese on the egg when it's almost done and puts it on toast with a slice of ham or bacon.

Open Original Shared Link

larry mac Enthusiast

" a variety of porridges"

​Who is this, Goldilocks? lol.

best regards, larry mac

• 2 weeks later...
lpellegr Collaborator

I make a crustless quiche and use it for four breakfasts.  Not too much prep:

Grease an 8 x 8" dish or pie plate

Cover the bottom with one thawed and squeezed dry box of frozen spinach (or an equivalent amount of any not-too-wet veggie)

Sprinkle in crumbled bacon, leftover ham, or any interesting meat you have

A little onion powder or spices to taste

Top with your favorite grated cheese

Beat 6 eggs with about 1/4 cup of milk and pour over everything

Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.  Let cool, cover, refrigerate.  Cut in quarters and microwave one per meal.

Vary the cheese, veggies, and meat for almost infinite variety, and it keeps you full all morning.

cahill Collaborator

Open Original Shared Link

This is a basic recipe for egg muffins . you can add to /change the ingredients  by using turkey bacon/ adding cheese/ what ever veggies you want .They store well in the refrigerator for up to a week and reheat well .They can be frozen ( although I think they get a bit tough after frozen )

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

these are great ideas.  thanks all.

LauraTX Rising Star

" a variety of porridges"

​Who is this, Goldilocks? lol.

best regards, larry mac

I now imagine cyclinglady in a pretty dress with golden brown hair sitting on a tiny chair.

I have seen recipes where you line a muffin tin with a strip of bacon, drop in an egg, whatever veggies you want, and sprinkle cheese on top and bake it.  I haven't tried any, though.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick thanks - I kind of merged all your recipes based on what I had on hand, and they were delicious!  Will definitely become a staple of my diet now - so easy to make.

I used eggs, onions, Aidell's chicken/apple sausage, cheddar, Italian herb spices and pepper.  I didn't have any baking spray on hand (not much of a baker), so I spread a little ghee in the muffin tin.

I felt like such a cook!

Archived