Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Need Ideas For High Protein Smoothies For A Child

4 posts in this topic

I need help with finding high protein smoothies/food for a 10 year old with celiac & dairy allergies. I need some ideas on things that taste good for a kid. She's very low on protein & if I can find pre-made smoothies that would be awesome! I would appreciate any advice. Thanks so much!

Lisa

Ads by Google:

I use Vega protein powder in my kids smoothies; usually chocolate because the vanilla flavour turns everything green. LOL I also add avocado, hemp seeds/hearts, coconut yogurt, coconut milk or cream, vegggies like carrots, cucs and spinach, and fruit like bananas, berries, kiwis, or mangoes. I blend it all in a great blender and send it out with them when we are out for the day.

The Vega powder is fine with just a coconut milk too. I usually add it, along with extra eggs, into all baking I do too.... My kids have milk and nut allergies, and are not big meat eaters either.  :)

not super high in protein, but can she eat peanut butter?

My older son loves peanut butter smoothies.  I do plain or vanilla coconut milk, a frozen banana or two, a big scoop of peanut butter, sometimes I add some ground flax seed.

I do a similar smoothie to Cara above,...with milk substitute, a few spoonfuls almond butter or peanut butter, tsp of vanilla, 2-3 dates, 2 Tbsp cocoa powder, a large banana, a little bit of flax seeds or chia seeds, and ice. Blend in a powerful blender. This is what we drink instead of traditional chocolate milk.