#1 amitaitos

amitaitos

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:40 PM

Hi.

I'm looking for an experienced doctor who has experience and is up to date with the latest research about celiac.

I don't want to go to him, but rather chat with him online or send him an e-mail with some questions I have.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

In the US, a real doctor can't really treat you on-line.  

This site usually answers emails as best they can but seem to be over-loaded right now.  They have a lot of good info on the site that you might find answers your questions.

http://www.curecelia....org/contact-us

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 amitaitos

amitaitos

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:08 PM

In the US, a real doctor can't really treat you on-line.  

This site usually answers emails as best they can but seem to be over-loaded right now.  They have a lot of good info on the site that you might find answers your questions.

I'm not looking for a treatment, I just have some questions I want answered by an expert.

Thanks.

#4 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

I do not know of any expert celiac doctor who has the time to chat online.

My doctor is awesome, but even he can't take time to do that.

That said, he will return my calls on the same day, but he is my doctor and I am an established patient. (and he loves me ) :) 

What types of questions do you have?

If they are general questions about celiac, look at the link Karen provided..Just .go to the FAQ section and search.,

Tons of info there..

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5 LauraTX

LauraTX

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:19 PM

I second all of the above.  Best resource is this website.  They have a lot of questions answered already, and you can submit more.  Be very very careful seeking medical advice from people who post online saying they are doctors or experts.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: