Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Aww, Man! I Forgot About Gsc Season!

10 posts in this topic

Two sweet looking Girl Scouts just rang my doorbell and asked if I'd like to buy some Girl Scout Cookies. I forgot all about these being on the No-No list now! I'm so bummed! No more Thin Mints, Tagalongs or Peanut Butter Cookies.

I'm gonna miss seeing those sleeves of Thin Mints in my freezer this year.... ;-)

I raise my berry-banana protein smoothie to you, Girl Scout Cookies. It was fun while it lasted, and I'll miss you. I will always remember you fondly!

Ads by Google:

this  year   girl  scouts  do  have  a gluten-free  cookie ! It  is  sold  in  certain  regions of the US..... You  can look  on their  site  for the  specific  regions.....

Next  if  you Google  gluten-free  thin mints,  samosa's  &  so  ,  several blogs  have   cloned  most  of  if  not all  girl scout  cookies  to be  gluten-free....

hth

my cousin works for the girl scouts and she is constantly posting about cookies in gsc season  :o  like mamaw said:  just get yourself a recipe - i'm sure they are a popular 'gluten-free copycat' favorite :)

I won't miss them too much, but I sure would devour those shortbread cookies they make.  And I would freeze some, too.  Just give yourself an indulgence of your choice in place of them :)  But it does suck to say no to the little girls!  Makes you feel like a jerk walking past their booth on the way into the store and such.  I, too, will remember them fondly.

This may be useful...

http://allglutenfreedesserts.com/three-ingredient-gluten-free-thin-mint-cookies-free-range-cookies/

Also, I've wondered if the gluten free GS cookies are really gluten-free?  Made on gluten-free lines and all?  Anyone know?

Yes, I have eaten the cookies and they are certified gluten free in a dedicated facility.

Thank you!  Now I know.  

I won't miss them too much, but I sure would devour those shortbread cookies they make.  And I would freeze some, too.  Just give yourself an indulgence of your choice in place of them :)  But it does suck to say no to the little girls!  Makes you feel like a jerk walking past their booth on the way into the store and such.  I, too, will remember them fondly.

I have found that Safeway's Eating Right brand has a delicious gluten-free oreo cookie. I'm sure I can find substitutes for GSCs, but it just hit me that this is something I can't buy anymore, it didn't occur to me last October. I just hope the substitutes are not like Gluten Free Beer. Yuck! ;-)

By the way, LauraTX, I LOVE your profile pic! Fellow Tortie lover/owner, are ya? :-)

I have found that Safeway's Eating Right brand has a delicious gluten-free oreo cookie. I'm sure I can find substitutes for GSCs, but it just hit me that this is something I can't buy anymore, it didn't occur to me last October. I just hope the substitutes are not like Gluten Free Beer. Yuck! ;-)

By the way, LauraTX, I LOVE your profile pic! Fellow Tortie lover/owner, are ya? :-)

Torties for life!!! :D  

I call anything other than oreo brand "fauxreos"  LOL!   I am a huge fan of the kinnickkinnick ones with chocolate cookies and filling.  Never buy them cause I devour the whole pack.

Two sweet looking Girl Scouts just rang my doorbell and asked if I'd like to buy some Girl Scout Cookies. I forgot all about these being on the No-No list now! I'm so bummed! No more Thin Mints, Tagalongs or Peanut Butter Cookies.

I'm gonna miss seeing those sleeves of Thin Mints in my freezer this year.... ;-)

I raise my berry-banana protein smoothie to you, Girl Scout Cookies. It was fun while it lasted, and I'll miss you. I will always remember you fondly!

Oh, man, those thin mints are so good!  Were so good, I guess. :)