This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Aww, Man! I Forgot About Gsc Season!

tonalynn

tonalynn Explorer

Two sweet looking Girl Scouts just rang my doorbell and asked if I'd like to buy some Girl Scout Cookies. I forgot all about these being on the No-No list now! I'm so bummed! No more Thin Mints, Tagalongs or Peanut Butter Cookies.

I'm gonna miss seeing those sleeves of Thin Mints in my freezer this year.... ;-)

I raise my berry-banana protein smoothie to you, Girl Scout Cookies. It was fun while it lasted, and I'll miss you. I will always remember you fondly!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mamaw Community Regular

this  year   girl  scouts  do  have  a gluten-free  cookie ! It  is  sold  in  certain  regions of the US..... You  can look  on their  site  for the  specific  regions.....

Next  if  you Google  gluten-free  thin mints,  samosa's  &  so  ,  several blogs  have   cloned  most  of  if  not all  girl scout  cookies  to be  gluten-free....

hth

notme Experienced

my cousin works for the girl scouts and she is constantly posting about cookies in gsc season  :o  like mamaw said:  just get yourself a recipe - i'm sure they are a popular 'gluten-free copycat' favorite :)

LauraTX Rising Star

I won't miss them too much, but I sure would devour those shortbread cookies they make.  And I would freeze some, too.  Just give yourself an indulgence of your choice in place of them :)  But it does suck to say no to the little girls!  Makes you feel like a jerk walking past their booth on the way into the store and such.  I, too, will remember them fondly.

BethM55 Enthusiast

This may be useful...

Open Original Shared Link

Also, I've wondered if the gluten free GS cookies are really gluten-free?  Made on gluten-free lines and all?  Anyone know?

cyclinglady Grand Master

Yes, I have eaten the cookies and they are certified gluten free in a dedicated facility.

BethM55 Enthusiast

Thank you!  Now I know.  

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tonalynn Explorer

I won't miss them too much, but I sure would devour those shortbread cookies they make.  And I would freeze some, too.  Just give yourself an indulgence of your choice in place of them :)  But it does suck to say no to the little girls!  Makes you feel like a jerk walking past their booth on the way into the store and such.  I, too, will remember them fondly.

I have found that Safeway's Eating Right brand has a delicious gluten-free oreo cookie. I'm sure I can find substitutes for GSCs, but it just hit me that this is something I can't buy anymore, it didn't occur to me last October. I just hope the substitutes are not like Gluten Free Beer. Yuck! ;-)

By the way, LauraTX, I LOVE your profile pic! Fellow Tortie lover/owner, are ya? :-)

LauraTX Rising Star

I have found that Safeway's Eating Right brand has a delicious gluten-free oreo cookie. I'm sure I can find substitutes for GSCs, but it just hit me that this is something I can't buy anymore, it didn't occur to me last October. I just hope the substitutes are not like Gluten Free Beer. Yuck! ;-)

By the way, LauraTX, I LOVE your profile pic! Fellow Tortie lover/owner, are ya? :-)

Torties for life!!! :D  

I call anything other than oreo brand "fauxreos"  LOL!   I am a huge fan of the kinnickkinnick ones with chocolate cookies and filling.  Never buy them cause I devour the whole pack.

icelandgirl Proficient

Two sweet looking Girl Scouts just rang my doorbell and asked if I'd like to buy some Girl Scout Cookies. I forgot all about these being on the No-No list now! I'm so bummed! No more Thin Mints, Tagalongs or Peanut Butter Cookies.

I'm gonna miss seeing those sleeves of Thin Mints in my freezer this year.... ;-)

I raise my berry-banana protein smoothie to you, Girl Scout Cookies. It was fun while it lasted, and I'll miss you. I will always remember you fondly!

Oh, man, those thin mints are so good!  Were so good, I guess. :)

Archived