Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Problems With Teeth

34 posts in this topic

Since it is only an intolerance I didn't think I had to be..now I am experiencing so many body issues that I am wondering if because I sneak gluten in at times in small amounts is it causing these problems such as tooth decay?

Ads by Google:

Since it is only an intolerance I didn't think I had to be..now I am experiencing so many body issues that I am wondering if because I sneak gluten in at times in small amounts is it causing these problems such as tooth decay?

Maybe the tooth decay is just years of bad habits catching up with you?

Very much possible. Any suggestions on how to alter this?

Very much possible. Any suggestions on how to alter this?

If its " decayed" it can't come back. Go to a dentist. Get what you can fixed so it doesn't get worse. Then take care of your mouth!

I have the same problem, my front teeth (upper and lower) look like they are jelly at the edges because they're a fair bit see through.  Without fail, every time I go to the dentist they tell me that my gums are in awful condition and that I need to floss more and should try for at least twice a week.  They're shocked when I tell them that I floss daily and immediately ask me how I floss because I can't possibly be doing it right.  I've read (all anecdotal) that celiac can also cause you to grind your teeth?  I've done that since I was a kid, to the point that I would wake my mom up from the sound.  I think I'm grinding less now (my grind guard is a little less destroyed than other ones I've had) but my canines are already ground flat :-(  

It's so crazy. In December I went in for a cleaning and the dentist was telling me how bad my gums were and that I was starting periodontal disease...yet the hygienist found no buildup. I brush and Floss a lot. 10 days ago I was diagnosed with celiac. Could this explain my teeth?

In December I was also found to have uterine polyps and gallbladder polyps. Then a stomach infection...h. pylori and now celiac. I'm 42 and feel like I'm falling apart.

Ugh! I also have the receding gum and transparent teeth. Last week I bit down wrong and chipped TWO teeth at once. I also have an ovarian cyst and am seeing Yet Another Doctor about the abdominal pain, which I suspect to be the gallbladder since the stabbing pain in my right shoulder blade appeared to join my stabbing churning stomach pain.

FML. I'm sick of this! I really don't want to have surgery... I'm 47 and am definitely falling apart. Five months gluten free, when exactly does it get better?

Ugh! I also have the receding gum and transparent teeth. Last week I bit down wrong and chipped TWO teeth at once. I also have an ovarian cyst and am seeing Yet Another Doctor about the abdominal pain, which I suspect to be the gallbladder since the stabbing pain in my right shoulder blade appeared to join my stabbing churning stomach pain.

FML. I'm sick of this! I really don't want to have surgery... I'm 47 and am definitely falling apart. Five months gluten free, when exactly does it get better?

I would love to know the answer to that too. I didn't want to have surgery at all...ugh...but it went fine and that part has improved at least. In the 5 months has anything gotten better for you? I do still feel like I'm falling apart and I think I'm too young for that. Seriously÷

I would love to know the answer to that too. I didn't want to have surgery at all...ugh...but it went fine and that part has improved at least. In the 5 months has anything gotten better for you? I do still feel like I'm falling apart and I think I'm too young for that. Seriously÷

Well, after my initial dip in energy, I managed to get back some get up and go, but it seems for every step forward I take another two back.

Maybe this is the "darkest before dawn" phase...

Well, after my initial dip in energy, I managed to get back some get up and go, but it seems for every step forward I take another two back.

Maybe this is the "darkest before dawn" phase...

Let's hope so! So far I've found celiac to be a very frustrating and lonely disease.