Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Braum's Ice Cream And Dairy Stores- gluten-free Products In Grocery! :)

braums ice cream grocery texas oklahoma

• Please log in to reply

No replies to this topic

#1 LauraTX

LauraTX

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:04 PM

-This post was made on February 2, 2014.  If you are reading this a few years down the road, please re-check gluten-free info with the company.-

If you live in the Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, or Missouri, you may know about Braum's. (Burger place that serves ice cream and has a grocery side to it-all the dairy is made at their own farm in OK)  And I grew up with Braums, so good!  I miss their burgers.  Everything is great quality.

Obviously the restaurant side isn't going to offer too much at a burger and fry kind of place, but they have a grocery side where they sell a little bit of everything and have really good quality products, milk and ice cream, and groceries.  We went in there the other day, and I usually go in and get the soft serve frozen yogurt in a cup while I oogle at the sundaes that are scooped with a shared scoop as the gluten containing ice creams, but as I was walking out I saw a HUGE SECTION OF gluten-free PRODUCTS in the grocery area!!!!! :D

They had a ton of Udis stuff (more than any other store around here), King arthur flour and chebe mixes, some glutino stuff, and a few other things.  At really good prices, to boot.  $2.99 for Chebe mixes impressed me-Usually at least $3.70 around here.  They sell some meat, fruit, milk and cheese-things that are naturally gluten-free, but they also have a few other things like dips and such that I am not sure of, so I wrote them today to ask about gluten-free stuff on the grocery side, labeling practices, and went ahead and threw in the "anything I can eat in the restaurant?" question.  The only thing addressing gluten on their website says gluten containing ingredients will be listed prominently on ice creams (which they have a bunch) and any ice cream that doesn't have gluten containing ingredients in it is safe.

I will definitely be stopping in here often, so I wanted to spread the word since, to me, it was so unexpected and decent prices.  I have only been to the one local one near me which is newer and larger, so I have no idea if this was a chain-wide rollout but with the prices I think it may be.  I will share any additional information I get when they hopefully write me back!

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: