Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Worst Episode Ever

4 posts in this topic

I was diagnosed with celiac almost two years ago. I have been very careful to avoid gluten, but have been contaminated a few times. I always got horrible intestinal pain, but I would take something to sleep and feel better the next day. I was "glutened" a week ago and have been in intense pain pretty much ever since. Sharp stabbing pains all over the abdomen with occasional radiation to the chest and back. Has anyone else experienced this??

Ads by Google:

Sometimes you may have something else going on and blame it on the celiac.  I would go see your doctor, or if the pain is really really bad, go to the emergency room where they can do imaging and get quick results.

I have not experienced this and would second the recommendation to go to the doctor or even the emergency room.  I usually notice an improvement within 24 hours of removing the source of gluten contamination.

The pain radiation to your back and chest is concering and makes me think the gallbladder might be involved.  I definitely think a visit to the doctor is necessary.