3 replies to this topic

#1 Brit6181

Brit6181

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:38 AM

I was diagnosed with celiac almost two years ago. I have been very careful to avoid gluten, but have been contaminated a few times. I always got horrible intestinal pain, but I would take something to sleep and feel better the next day. I was "glutened" a week ago and have been in intense pain pretty much ever since. Sharp stabbing pains all over the abdomen with occasional radiation to the chest and back. Has anyone else experienced this??

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 LauraTX

LauraTX

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:59 AM

Sometimes you may have something else going on and blame it on the celiac.  I would go see your doctor, or if the pain is really really bad, go to the emergency room where they can do imaging and get quick results.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:49 AM

I have not experienced this and would second the recommendation to go to the doctor or even the emergency room.  I usually notice an improvement within 24 hours of removing the source of gluten contamination.

#4 Joe0123

Joe0123

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:58 AM

The pain radiation to your back and chest is concering and makes me think the gallbladder might be involved.  I definitely think a visit to the doctor is necessary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: