#31 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:23 AM

Wendy,

Why not consider just dropping all processed foods for now.  You don't know that rice and beans are a problem for you.  Many of us can't eat a lot of processed foods. I get some cookies once in a blue moon but I try to keep it all one ingredient food choices.  This is much easier to do than cutting out items that you don't know if you have a problem with or not.  It is also much healthier. Do this for a good 2 months and see how you do.  You can address a possible additional intolerance at that point if your still having problems.  I know others may say to limit everything now and add back in but the corn in processed food seems to be your problem.  

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:49 AM

TY Colleen, 

That may be easier than going on Paleo, And for 2 months sure is doable! I do know corn is a problem for me , there is no question about that. I was cooking last night and was reading ingredients and looked up and sure enuf something was corn derived so I ended out just having Chicken. Thats when it hit me about the processed stuff. For some reason it just struck me as Paleo. But I guess you have a good point. I LOve Beans and Rice :) I wouldn't have to give them up :) 2 months thats a deal! See what happens. If I am still suffering from "Something" then I will take rice away. Only because I eat more rice than beans and potatoes. for 2 months. If still problems I will cut out Potatoes. But I have a feeling just cutting out Processed will do ALOT! Thanks! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#33 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:12 AM

I agree with Colleen. Before you go all caveman, ditch anything from a package. Use my 5 ingredient rule: If the label has more than 5 ingredients (and I cannot pronounce half of them and even my chemist hub shakes his head and makes that face like "er, that's not food, that's just chemicals")  LOL

then, I don't eat them 

And for what it's worth, I have been on a primal diet for 7 weeks,....it's not horrid, but let's just say....... I still drink vodka.  :lol: 

Keep your rice and beans if you can!  ;) 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#34 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:32 AM

I agree with Colleen and Irish....ditch everything processed before removing other foods.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#35 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

TY I think thats exactly what I am going to do :) I like to take the advise of the ones who have been there done that. As of today I am no processed foods :) for 2 months and see where that gets me :) I appreciate all the help in this :) 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#36 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:02 PM

Wendy,

Glad to hear you are giving it a shot.  You have learned so much already and the corn intolerance is very difficult to deal with (just ask Barty) and so many processed foods have corn deriviitives.  I'm not eating anything processed right now either (different reason) so we can do this together  :)

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

#37 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

Yeah, I'm still eating some processed foods. I went without them for a long time and when I finally found gluten-free/corn-free ice cream and gluten-free/corn-free potato chips, I jumped on them.

As a matter of fact, I found a new (to me) brand of potato chips the other day. The health food store was out of Kettle Brand but they had Boulder Canyon Olive Oil chips. Now, I love Kettle Brand but they are incredibly greasy. I mean if you tip the empty bag the greas will actually drip out! These Boulder Canyon chips are not as greasy and even if they were, we all know olive oil is good for us. So yeah, I'm still getting the salt and the calories, but I don't feel quite so guilty. And they are yummy. :)

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#38 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:54 AM

It's a deal Colleen :) 

Bartful I do have some chips I like , They are "Better Made" made with cotton seed oil/ Palm oil and sea salt. I will miss them for a while but Ohhh well! I will get over it for two months. At least it's not in the middle of summer where there are partys all the time. This is a good time to do this. 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#39 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:56 AM

Ohh no I just read where Cotton Seed oil is not good for Celiacs Pfftt!

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#40 KCG91

KCG91

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:35 AM

I agree with Colleen. Before you go all caveman, ditch anything from a package. Use my 5 ingredient rule: If the label has more than 5 ingredients (and I cannot pronounce half of them and even my chemist hub shakes his head and makes that face like "er, that's not food, that's just chemicals")  LOL

then, I don't eat them 

And for what it's worth, I have been on a primal diet for 7 weeks,....it's not horrid, but let's just say....... I still drink vodka.  :lol: 

Keep your rice and beans if you can!  ;) 

Yesss the five ingredient rule looks like something I can do! I had a week of rehearsals, performances and late nights which meant living mostly on the only packet of crisps in the vending machine I knew were gluten-free. And now I have flu for the first time in five months. I think my body would appreciate the five ingredient rule... 

Katie

Diagnosed with Coeliac and severe anaemia in September 2013

Gluten free 11/10/13

#41 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

Yesss the five ingredient rule looks like something I can do! I had a week of rehearsals, performances and late nights which meant living mostly on the only packet of crisps in the vending machine I knew were gluten-free. And now I have flu for the first time in five months. I think my body would appreciate the five ingredient rule... 

Do it KC :) 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: