#1 justgf

justgf

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:13 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am new but new on the forum. I have been reading the forum for about  5 months now and have found tons of helpful  information here. I have seen this forum members provide lots of support to others. I have found the stories and the information shared here very informative and very encouraging. Cheers to all of you for such good work :)

Little about me:

I was diagnosed with celiac late 2013. I had suspected I might have it after my mom was diagnosed with Celiac in 2009 but I guess I was in denial and in university  :D  so I decided to push my diagnosis back for a while. My symptoms for Celiac were constipation, fatigue and anemia . Not having severe symptoms also contributed to not take the Celiac seriously but I guess I should count my blessings and be thankful that the symptoms are not severe.

My mood started getting worse (very angry and irritable)  last year and I guess so did the damage to my gut. Endoscopy showed grade 3 out of 4 damage (it sound bad given that my GI  looked concerned ^_^ ). I guess I can't cry about it now given this is a consequence of my own choice -_- . 

I have been gluten free for about 3 months (well 4 months of I count the big blunders I made in the first month of the diet)  and hoping that my health will go no where but up  :D .

I just completed the follow up blood work yesterday and am hoping that it shows some good results of my hard work for the last 3 month. I need some positive vibes from you guys!!!

Thank you!

"Laugh until your body aches, 

cry until you start to shake,

live like the world is yours to take,

and love as thought your heart won't break."

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 bartfull

bartfull

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

:D Hooray for you! :D

I'm glad you finally got tested. My Mom had it too and like you, I was in denial for a long time. But I'm so glad I finally went gluten-free. Glad you did too. I hope your tests show great improvement!

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#3 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:04 PM

Welcome JustGF!

The good news is that once the transition is complete it gets much easier.

It is great that your symptoms were not severe...you are still young and will heal now that you are living gluten-free.

Good luck with your upcoming check...let us know how it goes :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#4 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:39 PM

Welcome!   This is a great place to be, feel free to ask anything.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5 justgf

justgf

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

Thank you everyone!

I am really optimistic about this positive (and at times hard) lifestyle change. I guess its all worth it in the end. 

I am just hoping to see some validation in the results for the blood work. I will share how it went. 

#6 livinthelife

livinthelife

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:07 PM

Welcome! I say that like an old pro when I was just officially diagnosed 11/13! 

Yes, let us know how your blood work goes. I go back in April for my follow-up and am hoping for some good stuff! Keep up the good work!

#7 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:19 AM

Welcome to the group! :)  As long as your antibodies are lower than before you are making progress.  You'll be an old-pro in no time! :D

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#8 NoGlutenCooties

NoGlutenCooties

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

Welcome JustGF!

I was diagnosed on Oct 1, 2013 so haven't been at this for long.  I go back for the follow-up blood work towards the end of March.  You're very fortunate to have caught this thing before getting severe symptoms.  I didn't have any symptoms and yet the biopsy showed moderate to severe villi damage - so the myth about "no symptoms, no problem" (a.k.a. blatant denial) is a load of crap.  ^_^

Good luck on your gluten-free journey!

Positive Bloodtest: Oct 1, 2013

Gluten-free since: Oct 2, 2013

Celiac confirmed by Biopsy: Oct 29, 2013

#9 justgf

justgf

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:50 PM

Thank you everyone! I got my blood work results back today.
Now way back in 2009 I was tested in diff country while taveling and my ttg was 297and I have been on full gluten diet until last year november Here in canada I they never give a number. It just said > 200.
But happy to say its 160 Yay!! It might not be as low as others might have seen but I am happy for this progress. My other antibody is now NORMAL.

My hemoglobin had jumped from the 70s to 127. My ferritin has gone up to 73!
Just thought I should share the numbers. I am off to celebrate with some glutenfree honey and peanut butter sandwiches :)

#10 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:15 PM

Thats great to hear.  You are on the right track, and the first few months are the hardest.  

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

#11 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

Glad to hear you are recovering.  Have a nice journey.

D

#12 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:25 AM

Congratulation to YOU!!.  Enjoy your celebration  :)

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

turkey-hiding.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: