18 replies to this topic

#16 Bazicoon

Bazicoon

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:30 PM

Thanks for the replies! Her poo looks completely normal except that it has the little stones in it. I have looked every where I can think of to try to figure out what is going on and I keep coming up empty handed. It is so frustrating. It doesn't seem to be bothering her at all but I want to find out what it is just in case it is Celiac or another big issue. She was born a month pre-mature and had a partially collapsed lung and I am so paranoid that there may be something wrong with her other organs.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Bazicoon

Bazicoon

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:32 PM

Also the doctors have no idea what is going on either they have never seen anything like it and I can't go to another doctor because I am on base in japan. We don't have options here.  :(

#18 BeHappy!

BeHappy!

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:10 PM

When my celiac was about two weeks old I brought her for a checkup and her belly was severely bloated. Dr sent her straight to gastro that day to check her out. Her stomach was full of air, she had blood in her stool and was jaundice. Dr told me to stop nursing ASAP and put her on hypoallergenic formula. His first thought was severe allergies. Once I stopped nursing her she made a complete turnaround, belly went down, blood was gone, and jaundice disappeared. She did very well her first year but was very up and down once she started solids, and we got the diagnosis of celiac a few weeks shy of her third birthday. So.... In my experience though we didn't get our diagnosis until quite a bit later (partially from denial on my part), I would say yes, gluten can be passed through breast milk.

#19 smilla

smilla

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:27 PM

Ditto all the people who said yes. Both from what my paediatric GI told me and from personal experience even trace amounts of gluten ingested by myself could lead to a serious glutening for my baby. Her poos would turn black and become like little pebbles that would roll out the side of her nappy. Poor darling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: