This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten Free Snack Discoveries!

Rae2756

Rae2756 Newbie

Hi all,

On my quest for gluten free foods (especially junk food, for the occasion when I go stark raving mad for something junky) I have made a couple discoveries.

1) Wise snacks offers a variety of yummy gluten free snacks. I bought a bag of cheese puffies and plowed through it a couple weeks ago. (Hey, don't judge, the bag was mostly air anyway.) They have a great page on nutritional values and allergen content. Pretty sure Wise can be found in most stores. Wal-Mart and Kroger, at least. Link: Open Original Shared Link

2) Also, this may be a no-brainer, but Van's natural foods has some delicious cereals that are made from extremely nutritious, gluten free grains. "No empty calories here!" the box boasts. My favorite is Cinnamon Heaven. It's great without milk for a snack, maybe with yogurt or something like that. I bet I could make some yummy desserts with it too. I have found this at both Wal-Mart and Kroger. it's a tad expensive, but if you eat it by individual servings (I didn't with this box, I got a little scarfy again) I bet you can make it last a while. 

Have a great week!

Samara

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mamaw Community Regular

glad you are  finding  some  goodies  you like! Try  Van's  cheese  crackers.....Glutino or  Snyder's gluten-free  pretzels....Glutino parmesan/garlic crisps...plus soooo many more.....

kareng Grand Master

US list for Frito Lay

Open Original Shared Link

Chex cereals are all gluten-free , except the yucky wheat flavor.

I think Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles say gluten-free on the box?

Most fruit snacks, Jelly Bellys, many candies....... So much junk food..... So tight jeans! :)

Rae2756 Newbie

glad you are  finding  some  goodies  you like! Try  Van's  cheese  crackers.....Glutino or  Snyder's gluten-free  pretzels....Glutino parmesan/garlic crisps...plus soooo many more.....

Thank you! I'm also a huge fan of Blue Diamond Almond nut thins. So many flavors, nutritious, and low-cal!

Nikki2777 Community Regular

Glutino white yogurt covered pretzels are beyond delicious.  I can't keep them in the house, though, or my (non-Celiac) daughter will finish them before I can even get to them!  Ditto Schar Vanilla Wafer cookies.  High calorie though, but sometimes...

GFinDC Veteran

Mission corn tortilla chips are gluten-free.  You can make some guacamole to go with them in just a couple minutes.  Corn thins are gluten-free and can be used to hold slurps of peanut butter.  Many Planters brand nuts are gluten-free, but no all so check the label.  You should always check labels anyway of course.  You can try searching on snack ideas to find more threads.

Super Easy Meal Ideas Anyone?
https://www.celiac.com/forums/topic/97027-super-easy-meal-ideas-anyone/

Good Gluten Free Meals Prepared Using A Microwave?
https://www.celiac.com/forums/topic/102685-good-gluten-free-meals-prepared-using-a-microwave/#entry885634

mommida Enthusiast

I found a 3 flavor multipack of Natural Origins bars at Costco.

Cranberries and Cashews

Pistachios and mixed berries

and I ate all of the Apple and fig bars

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Adalaide Mentor

It never occurred to me, having grown up in the town that Wise is based in, that they are a local company. Twice in Utah I have walked into Wal-Mart in the middle of the night and seen a pallet of their chips, squealed in joy and took off running. Everyone probably thought I was crazy, especially when I just started grabbing as much as I could carry... but omg there is nothing like them. No other cheese puffs compare.

livinthelife Apprentice

US list for Frito Lay

Open Original Shared Link

I think Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles say gluten-free on the box?

Most fruit snacks, Jelly Bellys, many candies....... So much junk food..... So tight jeans! :)

OK, this cracked me up with the "yucky wheat flavor." I loved that part the best in the Chex Mix. Oh man I would pick it out and slurp it all up! The funniest thing is that for years and years I thought the reason I had "gastrointestinal problems" when I ate all of this was simply because of the extra fiber in all the cereals. 

Live and learn!!

kareng Grand Master

OK, this cracked me up with the "yucky wheat flavor." I loved that part the best in the Chex Mix. Oh man I would pick it out and slurp it all up! The funniest thing is that for years and years I thought the reason I had "gastrointestinal problems" when I ate all of this was simply because of the extra fiber in all the cereals. 

Live and learn!!

Back in the 1970s my mom would make Chex mix. We all, my mom included, hated the wheat ones. But she made us eat them! When my sister & I grew up, we only used the Rice and corn in our mixes.

answerseeker Enthusiast

Glutino white yogurt covered pretzels are beyond delicious. I can't keep them in the house, though, or my (non-Celiac) daughter will finish them before I can even get to them! Ditto Schar Vanilla Wafer cookies. High calorie though, but sometimes...

I can easily down a whole bag of the chocolate covered ones in one sitting. So expensive though and the gluten eaters eat my chocolate covered pretzels!

Archived