Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Any Celiacs Near Denver, Colorado?

6 posts in this topic

Hi all!

Anyone living in or near Denver? I'm a recently diagnosed celiac, just 4 months into the gluten-free thing. Still struggling, frustrated, feeling discouraged about ever being able to eat outside my house again. It would be nice to have a group of friends nearby who can share the same experiences. :-)

Ads by Google:

Hi all!

Anyone living in or near Denver? I'm a recently diagnosed celiac, just 4 months into the gluten-free thing. Still struggling, frustrated, feeling discouraged about ever being able to eat outside my house again. It would be nice to have a group of friends nearby who can share the same experiences. :-)

Have you googled "celiac support Denver"  I'm sure there is a group.  You live in a great area for gluten-free eating.  My son is at CSU.  We like Beau Jos for pizza.  There are all the usual good Celiac friendly places like Outback Steak, Bonefish Grill, Pf Changs, Pei Wei (? not sure if its in CO).  And a bunch more.  

There is someone who just mentioned a pizza place in Co Springs.  I think they have a Denver location.

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/106182-borriello-brothers-gluten-free-pizza/?hl=brothers 

Thanks Kareng, I did look that up and found the Denver Metro Celiac Support Chapter. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they are very active, they show no meetings, classes or event through April 15th. I didn't think it would be so difficult finding other celiacs here - like you said, it's a very supportive area for gluten free eating. I even tried starting a meetup group, but got no interest. All the Colorado celiacs must still be in the closet - come out out! :-)

I didn't see that, thanks. Unfortunately, Englewood is at least 45 minutes away, and by the time I get off work tonight, I'd miss most of the meeting. Ah well, maybe in two months....

In the meantime and in between time, any local celiacs that want to get together, I sure would like to find them! :-)

Hey Tonalynn, I live in Golden, CO and I was just looking today for local celiacs support groups. Did you ever find anything here in town?