Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Another Newbie.....help?

3 posts in this topic

Hii...thank you for reading. New to this.

Before Xmas I became exhausted and lost about a stone in 4 weeks. Eventually had tests and had low white blood cells, low platelets and low neutrophils. Had more tests and my TTG IGA was above 300. I'm about to have a biopsy....looking for coeliac disease. Sound likely?!, I've now been keeping a food diary and I think I've probably ignored stomach symptoms as life us so busy..... Feel rotten and exhausted all the time.. Hoping the biopsy has the answers......

Another q.....should I choose to be awake or sedated,

Thank you

Ads by Google:

Choose sedated!! I remember back in the 70s (in nursing school) watching endoscopies (where they put the tube down your throat, thru your stomach, and into your small intestine to take the necessary biopsies) without sedation. They were awful! Take the sedation! There's no prep (except not eating for a certain amount of time), you have a nice nap, and wake up feeling just fine.

Hi and Welcome!

Yes, Celiac sounds likely but it's good to check it out and be sure.  As for the endoscopy... OMG by all means go with the sedation!  It's IV sedation, not general anesthesia so you wake up quickly.  I was munching on a gluten-free snack within minutes of waking up.

Good luck!