4 replies to this topic

#1 Heather_707

Heather_707

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:38 PM

Anyone have vacation destination suggestions with a Celiac 2 year old?   Hoping to find something beachy within a 4 hour flight of NYC. 

As an adult, I'm willing to rough it - I'm sure I can just eat salads constantly if fall else fails.  For a toddler, not so much.  (he's not picky, but I'm still concerned about our options.....  ).  

Really don't want to do a cruise and not ready for the crowds of Disney World..... 

Thanks in advance if you have any ideas! 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:52 PM

Rent a cabin or a condo somewhere. Some of our best vacations have been in cabins in the Rockies or in a cabin on Vancouver island. With a cabin you will have your own kitchen, living room/play area, and naps are not a problem. I honestly wouldn't want to stay in a hotel unless it's just for one night.

As for locations, I've only ever visited western Canada and the USA. It's beautiful out here though.  :)

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 Cara in Boston

Cara in Boston

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:58 AM

We live in Boston and go to Cape Cod every summer for a couple of weeks.  I am always surprised how many more options we have for safe dining . . . you'd think in a city as big as Boston there would be plenty.  On the cape there are lots of grocery stores that carry everything we need, a fantastic seafood place that has gluten-free fried clams, a breakfast/lunch/coffee place that is 100% gluten-free . . . pizza, everything.  

Cara

#4 Christine0125

Christine0125

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:04 AM

Cruises are great for gluten free!  There are even some that leave from NYC and Baltimore.  I've cruised 2x since my diagnosis and my daughter has cruised 1x since diagnosis.  She's ready to go back - she felt rather special with all the extra attention and desserts made just for her!

#5 Fourmonkeysjumping

Fourmonkeysjumping

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

Cape Cod!  We have SO many gluten-free options.  There's a place in Yarmouth called Idgy's that is a fully gluten-free restaurant.  There are also a bunch of other wonderful restaurants (I once counted 13 within a 10 minute radius in Hyannis).  It's also just such a beautful place to be. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: